All reviews shuttle bus close to the airport junior suite breakfast buffet per person between flights nice hotel free parking pleasant walk town centre cannot comment pleasant surprise comfortable stay hotel restaurant amsterdam airport included in the room rate good deal
Reviewed 12 June 2016

More like bed&breakfast type. I would not say a hotel. Rooms very nice, but there was some renevations going on at the moment. The air conditioner did not work and when we informed that to hotel reception personnel, the answer was: "that is why there is fan at your room". Customer-oriented personnel should ask: "would you like to change a room?". I had to sleep two nights with window open and the fan was creating lovely noise on background. And on the second evening one of the fuses was broken so I didn't have any light on the bathroom. So it was a bit of cottage feeling at that moment. And after breakfast at the morning I had to ask toothsticks from the kitchen because those were not on the tables. These are probably small things but I have travelled so much and saw many 4 star hotels, and this was far away from that.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2016

stayed at the horrendous chariot hotel for 1 night with a small child and a baby. We were put there by KLM as our flight was overbooked and we had to stay 1 night in Amsterdam.

To start with, you can't find the place. It's in the middle of nowhere and about 15-20 minutes drive from the airport (without any traffic)! The shuttle bus is non existent so you will have to grab a taxi there.

Upon arrival at 11pm (with the 2 kids), the receptionist showed no signs of any kindness or understanding. He faced us with the facts immediately: klm didn't say there are kids with you! Anyhow, he is going to give us 2 separate rooms. I said: OK but can they be interconnecting. His answer: no. He then said, the rooms are not far away from each other. I asked him again to look into it. He made a phone call (in dutch to KLM) which after he seemed to change his mind and said we will get 2 rooms in 2 different floors as another elderly lady is coming from KLM who can't handle stairs...

I was really furious at this stage and tried to talk sense to him, showing him the fact that we are a family with a 4 year old and a 4 months old baby. His answer was to all this: if you don't like it go back to KLM! (at nearly midnight at this stage).

We gave up to his blackmail and he literary showed us to our rooms. I had to ask him to help us with our baggage as he wouldn't offer any help on his own.

The 2 x rooms were in the tower of the building. A super narrow and very steep spiral staircase was leading to each room. The door to staircase opened up from the bar and the door had a toilet sign on it as the stairs were next to the public toilet.

The vouchers KLM gave us for food were not valid. Dinner closed by the time we got to our room and breakfast started at 6.30am however we left at 5am in the morning. I asked him about other food options, he said that he can't help, I can wait till 6.30am if I want to....

Other than this horrendous customer service experience, the aircon and hairdryer in the room were not working. the room itself is noisy as all noises from the bar and the public toilet could be heard inside the room.

Avoid this place by all means!!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Room was good, we checked in rather late, and after a while, AC showed error code 04. I went down to find the reception area empty, had to go to the kitchen to find a staff, they told me there's nothing they can do and gave me a fan. Told me the hotel was fully booked. However, I saw somebody else check in after this happened, so I think they know about the broken AC and simply chose to give the room with broken AC to us, we are Asian and that may be a factor.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the AC when check in, it broke down to error code 04 after a bit
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank caithlene
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Quite a comfortable overnight stop. Convenient access to the airport with a shuttle. Large rooms which are well serviced. The hotel restaurant and bar offer great food and good service, although a little slow. Caution, coffee at breakfast might be worth missing (maybe I just had a bad day!)!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Was upgraded to a luxury suite unfortunately, which meant I was right above the hotel entrance. 5am shuttle pickups were very noisy with loud banging and laughter etc. Aircon in room didnt work, taps leaked, windows dont close properly. All in all I spent three sleepless nights, total waste of my money. Four star rating must be self rated as there is no way its four stars. Advertising pictures are deceiving too. Its not in a quiet location either. The staff were very friendly but the hotel sucks

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business