Hotel Chariot
US$93
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshuttle busclose to the airportjunior suitereception staffbreakfast buffetper personfree parkingnice hotelpleasant walkgood dealtown centrecannot commentpleasant surprisecomfortable stayvisiting amsterdamchariotklm
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed here overnight before an early morning departure from Schiphol. The nearest train station is Schiphol from which we were able to catch the shuttle bus to the hotel. There is a charge. The hotel is a long way out of the town centre and no public transport to take you in. OK if you come by car. However they organised that we could catch a lift in on the way to the airport and we had a pleasant walk back to the hotel.The staff were friendly and helpful on booking. We had time to explore and they advised us as to what we could do and booked us on a boat tour around Aalsmeer. Our room was comfortable and quiet and we enjoyed an excellent dinner. Would be happy to stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Chariot Hotel, Staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, the food was good, the rooms large and spacious, would like to have stayed longer and would certainly book again. Good location for the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

One of the most efficient and friendly hotels I have ever stayed in - absolutely perfect in every way from the wonderful receptionist on check-in, quality of room, bar and restaurant.

Would go out of my way to stay at the Hotel Chariot again

Room Tip: Room 306 on the third floor ticked all the boxes and I'm sure all the rooms are of equal quality
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We called the hotel a day before arrival and the reception gave us the option standaard or executive room. We picked the executive. Told the hotel we would arrive by bike so that they knew we could be somewhat later as planned. We arrived at the hotel in time and they told us we got booked to an other hotel as they were overbooked. Not one room but 5 and where already sold out a week ago. Why not call? They had our cellphone number. We went to the hotel where they had booked another room for us but noone knew about the reservation at all. Luckely they had a great spacious room for us.
So never never going to book Hotel Chariot again after this horrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hedy T
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Located at 10 km from Schiphol Airport (they have a shuttle), this hotel is a real discovery. The standard rooms are not big, but not as tiny as seems to become the norm either. My bathroom was big though - unfortunately the bath tub was a bit too short to be really comfortable. But that would be my only minor complaint. All the fixtures are brand new, the furniture looks good and moderately stylish, the bed was perfect, the sheets new and soft. The hotel is quiet and clean and offers a good free wi-fi service. On the second floor (where my room was located) you can admire a huge collection of terrible "real paint" Van Gogh reproductions - so far over the top that it becomes funny. :-)
Very friendly service at the reception, extremely friendly and helpful at breakfast. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had in this class of hotels: lots of choice and very fresh, top quality ingredients. At 16€ it is too expensive though (which is the main reason I'm giving 4 instead of 5 stars). But I paid only 75€ for single occupancy of a double room, and for this price I'd wholeheartedly recommend Hotel Chariot.

(The restaurant adjacent to the hotel I wouldn't recommend. It was presented to me as the hotel restaurant, but I couldn't charge the meal to my hotel bill. All main dishes are over 20 euros, and my more modest French onion soup was just ok, while my so-called Caesar's salad must have been the only one in the world without chicken.)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business