Hotel Blanc
US$87
  • Bar/Lounge
US$124
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A very sub-standard hotel. One good thing is just in front of rail and bus station thus the location is perfect. The breakfast was worse you can imagine and staff was not friendly, room was small and over priced. I will not recommend to go there. Dr Naveed Cambridge, UK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Muhammad Naveed K
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I chose this hotel as I was taking part in the Nijmegen March. The hotel is located very close to Arnhem railway station which was perfect for me as I had to travel to Nijmegen everyday to start the march. To book hotels in the Nijmegen area is very difficult during July due to the amount of people traveling to either take part in the march or enjoy the festival. So I was also happy with the price of the hotel as I was there for 5 nights.

At the end of each day I would just go to my room and sleep as I was so tired after walking 30 miles per day but would find my room always clean and tidy with fresh sheets. The staff had also washed my pajamas. The staff would open the breakfast lounge really early in the morning (2am) to allow me to have breakfast so that I was prepared for the day. They even made me packed lunch with no additional charge.

Overall I found the staff very helpful and friendly as well as supportive throughout the four days march.

If anybody decides to do the four days marches then this is the hotel to go to. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2012

BeyondBlame in a few reviews below does an amazing job of describing this hotel perfectly.

The parking is close as long as you have your bearings otherwise it could be hours away. Stayed with a colleague, totally different rooms, same price. This sometimes really gets under my skin, usually when I am the one one with the poorer room surprisingly, but there you go. One can't complain about stacked boxes in chain hotels and then expect every room to be the same in places like this.

It is really a bit odd to read that this place sells itself as a Boutique Hotel. Boutique followed by the word Hotel means high end. It does not mean a trip to Ikea.

There was a massive contrast in staff with two members of check in and reception staff being very very nice and super smiley but then the lady serving breakfast was perhaps having a bad day, or at some point in her past she had a really bad day that was still resonating, not sure, either way the coffee was AWFUL...

I did get a room with a view over the offices of the Hotel where sat one of the most beautiful examples of Dutch female beauty I have ever witnessed...I even got a smile...

Who knows, maybe she will see this review and CiIlla will have to buy a new Hat...is she still alive?

No seriously I don't know...is Cilla Black still Alive?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were looking for a hotel with parking for our motorcycles and thus choice was limited. The Hotel Blanc has spaces for hotel guests in a nearby underground car park for which they charge 10 euros per space. As we have a motorcycle each we would pay for only one bay and fit them both in that space. When we got the bikes to the garage we found there was already two motorcyles in this space. There was still room for us to put ours which we did, expecting then to get half the charge back but no we were still charged the full 10 euros for half a car parking space.
We were told all the standard rooms were full and that they only had the supreme rooms available but we decided this would be acceptable. The room we were given was in my opinion only of a standard quality and there was certainly nothing special about it.
There were no net curtains at the window and it was overlooked by a block of flats so either you had to shut the curtains or go into the ensuite if you wanted to get changed, not very convenient. The shower was over a bath and had a shower curtain when a door would have been better, there was no shower mat in the bath so you had to be very careful as the surface was slippery very slippery.
Its one redeeming factor was that there was a kettle and tea bags provided, which is very unusual on the continent.
Staff and breakfast were good

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

A very good hotel just in front of rail and bus station thus the location is perfect. The breakfast was great and staff was friendly, room was comfortable although the TV was a bit small, but who travels to watch TV anyway...

Rana Riaz Saeed