Holiday Inn Express Arnhem
US$114
  • Bar/Lounge
US$87
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat hotelcentral locationhi expresswithin walking distancedutch styleincluded breakfastshopping and restaurantsfree wifithe riverwould definitely stay here againfamous bridgeparking facilitiesmodern feelairborne museumrecommend this hotelstayed here for nightstrain station
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This is my second visit to this hotel and I stayed a week while walking the Nijmegen Marches. I agree with all the positive comments made by the other reviewers and would like to give a vote of thanks to the staff who looked after me with cheerfulness and thoughtfulness. It can't be easy to have a lot of people staying who are wanting early morning calls at various times and also packed breakfasts in the morning from around 3 30 am. I always felt if I had a problem the staff would always try to sort it out however early it was. I particularly appreciated the ice making machine in he lobby which as well as going in drinks made useful ice packs for sore legs.

The hotel is located within a short distance of a large number of eating places and a couple of small supermarket and if you get lost just ask for the Aarvark !! The Aardvark is a huge public sculpture used as a play area for children and made me smile every time I saw it.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This was our second stay to coincide with the 4 day marches. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Very good continental breakfast included in the price. Staff are friendly and so very helpful. Our need for a breakfast pack at 0500 hours on each day of the marches was meet with a smile. Hotel has secure parking which is a bonus and cheaper than on road parking charges. On our second night the air conditioner, in our room, failed. We were moved with no fuss, help with the bags and a beer to say sorry! Will be back next year. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

What a fantastic hotel, extremely clean and smart. Rooms were 1st class, location is ideal. Just 5 minutes walk/cycle to the rail station. 2 minutes and you're in the centre of Arnhem. Bars are directly across the road but you are not disturbed by any noise. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and wanting to help. Separate secure storage area for our cycles. We will return to Arnhem and this hotel will be our choice, again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Very surprised about the high standard of this Hotel. Very clean,modern,friendly staff.
Downside was expensive parking.
Handy for the city centre.
Pretty decent breakfast,probably one of the best I have tried at a HI Express establishment.
Driving to this hotel was bit of a challenge, signposting could be improved.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer good views over the city
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank UKNorseman
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel in the centre of Arnhem.
Basic and clean with all the necessary things for a good night-sleep.
Simple breakfast, fast check-in and check-out.
Night-life in walking-distance, good restaurants, bars(check Koorenmarkt) and clubs.

I would recommend if in Arnhem.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richmer66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Arnhem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Richmer66,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding our hotel. I am pleased with your kind comments towards our facility. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback as these will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Faith R