“A warm glow on a damp Sunday ”
Review of The Fox Inn

The Fox Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fox Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Very good ambience, friendly and efficient service and excellent cooking make this a very comfortable place to be. Prices are not cheap by any means but the day is definitely brightened by a visit.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We'd heard that the Fox Inn has a varied menu is reasonably priced and with good service, so on booking a cottage close by in Oddington over the Christmas period decided to give it whirl. We were not disappointed - the food was delicious, beautifully presented, ample portions and the staff and service were excellent. The only slight disappointment was the tables - with a strange, uncomfortable bench on one side. For a short person like me, it wasn't very comfortable as I could not put my feet on the floor! I ended up swapping seats with my daughter for a more comfortable chair!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a cottage in upper oddington over New Year so booked here for New Year’s Eve meal. Complimentary Bellini on arrival and good service, with friendly waiters and waitresses. Service was perhaps a little slow, but it was fully booked and very busy, so all the staff were rushed off their feet. Food was very good, good value for money and overall a very nice evening in a traditional and cosy setting.

1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The Fox came as a recommendation and I'm so glad that it did. The highlight of our short stay in Stow-on-the-Wold. A wonderful pub in a picturesque English village. Lovely friendly staff and excellent service. Our rabbit and pork terrine was sublime. The toast it came with was lovely, as was the leek pickle and leaf salad. The artisan bread and butter brought complimentary before our starters arrived was also astonishingly good. We both went for the fish and chips as a main. It was lovely. All in all, top notch. You can pay a lot more for a lot less, so check this place out. We would without any doubt go back.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in a lovely setting and is very old-English-pub inside. The staff were pleasant and attentive. My first course of some sort of chorizo sausage in mustard and lentil sauce was interestingly tasty and I can recommend it. My partner had the soufflé and was a little taken aback by the fact that it may have been slightly undercooked. My second course of ox cheek was, again, very nice but the one large carrot was certainly undercooked. Had to leave half of it. My partner had the grilled cod and it arrived too cool and definitely undercooked. The waiting staff replaced the dish but the moment was now being lost. Also, I didn’t think it was correct of the waiter to relay chef’s response saying that the first fish was not undercooked - it almost begs the question of who’s cooking and who’s eating here? Finally, I don’t recommend buying wine by the carafe, it was warm and pice was not reflected in its quality.

1  Thank Colin T