“Terrible food”
Review of Bela's Mozambique

Bela's Mozambique
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I don't think this restaurant is open any more. \Years ago it was run by a Portuguese lady and her husband and we enjoyed her authentic Portuguese food, however they sold it and since then it wasn't the same. I asked the waiter if the food was fresh, he said they only use frozen food. The chicken was tasteless and needless to say we've never went back.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

The Decor is nice however everything on the menu is cooked from frozen despite being situated on the river. My meal had a blonde hair despite mine being black, the owner was defensive and obnoxious- The don't even have a proper cash register, its hand written invoices. They are too happy to take your money but honestly save your money...don't waste your time. The lady running this place has no idea on customer service.

The quality of food is cheap and I don't believe these guys will be around long enough to see the year out if they don't change their attitude.

4  Thank Bnaicker
Reviewed 31 May 2015

we come to our time share near Port Shepstone every year for last 20 years and one of the best casual eateries is Fish on The River. Food good and delicious without exception . Wonderful setting and other shops there. Sure the service is a bit slack but that is generally true in SA with black people giving service , but with more control this is improving too.

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Everyone always rants and raves about this restaurant being awesome Portuguese cuisine. I am Portuguese so I know what is authentic. Serving a prego with lettuce and coleslaw and on a dry bun IS NOT authentic. I really didn't enjoy my "burger" - also a thin minute steak should be used not a rump. Needless to say I will never go back if I am in the mood for Portuguese food. I would rather go to the awesome Porra restaurant in Margate at the Sabenza Village! Their food is divine and 100% authentic!

Reviewed 13 December 2014

what a lovely place we came across on our stop at Port Shepstone. A little gem with relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff and yummy meals.I will definitely recommend to everyone!