“Best Fish and Chips”
Review of Fish Inn

Fish Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I always visit the Fish Inn in Marburg when I work in the area. Its only take away.

I have tried many things on the menu and its always been fresh and tasty.

Its not overpriced and the food is consistent.

Try the fish cakes, mild or spicy with a portion of chips. Simple , good food.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Despite advertising as a fish specialist, these guys make a mean curry to which is finger licking good. The Waitress Rani served me - she is attentive and professional and in my personal opinion she adds to this delightful restaurant credibility. The restaurant is situated prominently in Shelly Beach.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

I would suggest giving this restaurant a pass. Ordered the Jumbo hake and chips. And a side order of large calamari. Also had the creamy garlic sauce. The Jumbo hake ia not one piece but 2 small pieces. Wasn't too bad but not worth what we paid. The calamari was absolutely horrendous. Tasteless and rubbery. Tried to give some taste with the garlic sauce. This was also a great disappointment. It was more water that sauce.
If I didn't have to drive a way back I would have tossed the food against their walls. Absolutely crap.
Stay away!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

After discovering there are not many places in Port Shepstone for dinners - we ended up at The Fish Inn. Greeted by friendly staff, we were off to a good start.

From then on, we had fish cakes for starters - order the spicy ones if you are keen. Simply lovely.
I had the Grilled Tuna - best enjoyed medium as a personal choice and my partner, had her favorite prawns grilled. The fresh fish and prawns were divine. My tuna was definitely fine dinning quality and very well prepared. The prawns ran over with flavour - we knew they were good.

We both had Garlic rice with our dishes. I was a bit nervous - having never tasted it and not wanting an over powered rice dish, but he rice is amazing. Flavored enough to make a rice dish, very delicious.

The rest of the menu looked tempting - but when we were done, we were more than satisfied.

As prices go, seafood is on the increase in most places, and at The Fish Inn, we did not feel as if the price was trying to take away the pleasure of the experience. Reasonably priced across their menu, this is a place to go when you are in that area and you did not catch anything yourself.

PS - we went back for Bunny Chows the next day - Amazing taste and quality!!

A definite stop on my next trip to the South Coast area.

Thanks to Tyrone Pillay and his staff. You really showed us true hospitality and served us the best seafood & Bunny Chows!!

See you guys before this year is over!

Reviewed 7 May 2015

Bunny chows, Burgers, Fish cakes - all great. And what a lovely woman running the kitchen. We just dd the take away so didnt get to experience the restaurant service but would definitely return if we were in the area!

1  Thank samanthas606