“If it's good enough for Mr Joyce....”
Review of Kronenhalle

Kronenhalle
Ranked #65 of 2,040 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 18 June 2019

We took a chance on a Monday lunchtime to get a table in this old establishment.
We were lucky as we were seated straight away, I ordered a light salad as a starter and veal as a main course.
The service here is very old school, but a strange event happened, the waiter serves from a serving dish, and leaves a little, I guess if the diner wants to have a little more, however when I had finished my main course, the waiter returned with more food which I presumed was for another table, but then he offered it to me!. I declined but I found it all a little strange. Having said all that , it was a great fun lunch, and I would recommend it to anybody while in Zurich

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank degustibusirl
chris110560, Manager at Kronenhalle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Dear Kronenhalle Guest

Thanks for your positive comments, we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed a "great fun lunch".

Ordering the sliced veal "Kronenhalle", it is correct that you are going to be served twice (as many other dishes on the card too), this was, is and will always be the philosophy of the Kronenhalle.

We look forward to welcome you again soon and we send you our best regards

Your Kronenhalle Team

Write a reviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed 8 June 2019

They may have a storied past which sounds very interesting, but our experience was average at best. We were really disappointed after reading so much about the restaurants past history. I would suggest they focus on their present, instead of their past.
Very expensive, (even compared to Swiss Michelin starred chef restaurants) and the food and service were ordinary at best.
There are many other fine options in Zurich where you can enjoy great food and service.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Crucian
chris110560, Manager at Kronenhalle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2019

Dear Kronenhalle Guest

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied about our sevice performances. What would have been your expectations?

We look forward to get your moore detailed feedback and best regards

Reviewed 20 May 2019

A chef at a Michelin three star restaurant recommended they we visit this s place when in Zurich. We had an excellent weiner schnitzel. Everything we had was good, from the bread to the desserts. You will need reservations.

Date of visit: May 2019
chris110560, Manager at Kronenhalle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Dear Kronenhalle Guest

We are very pleaced to hear that 3* Michelin Chefs recommend the Kronenhalle and thank you for your positive comments!

Best regards

Reviewed 2 May 2019

In March 2017, I wrote a very negative review of my dinner experience at the Kronenhalle and, consequently, gave them a very low rating. On April 25, I returned to the Kronenhalle for dinner and my experience this time was exceptionally good. Everything from the attention and professionalism of the service staff and the quality and presentation of the food was extraordinary. We were there for a special occasion and the restaurant made it all the more special. Well done, and my negative review of a few years ago stands corrected.

Date of visit: April 2019
chris110560, Manager at Kronenhalle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

Dear Reto

We are very happy to hear, that you are back into the circle of our satisfied guests.

Best regards from the Kronenhalle Team

Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

High end did restaurant in Zürich with an amazing display of original masterpiece artworks on display.
The food is premium and generous.

Date of visit: April 2019
chris110560, Manager at Kronenhalle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2019

Dear Kronenhalle Guest

Thank you for being our Ambassador!

WE look forward to see you again soon and best regrads

Christian Dangel & Kronenhalle Team