“Very Nice Place and Food - Service not so much...”
Review of Zeughauskeller

Zeughauskeller
Ranked #23 of 2,017 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were 2 couples and a baby. The place is very nice and traditional. Very nbice decoration. Packed with foreigners. I had a great Pork Shank (very traditional) with one of the best Potato salad I ever had. The sausages were also great. The downside was the waitress.. Very rude.. mistake my wife´s plate (was a Cordon Bleu Chicken, she brought a Shinitzel)... That was ok.. We ate but informed her after... No complains... Even so she kept explaining herself and saing that we all were wrong... we asked the wrong plate... We were with two locals....

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Good food, huge portions so we shared a dish (which was still plenty). Good food, a little touristy, but that doesn't bother us. We came around 4pm for a snack and a beer, but most of the tables looked reserved after 5.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Been Sunday for lunch, as favorite places are closed.
Asked to book at noon, they told us that not possible or necessary.
Came back at 1 pm. A very long queue.
Some people pass in front, saying they had a reservation. How come if it wasn't possible, nice question. Probably they are local.
Finally got a table, near the kitchen. All the place is quite loud.
Very nice food, quick service
We couldn't have rösti, because, the waiter said need to wait 40 minutes for it.
But we saw hundreds of rösti coming out of the kitchen.
They offer the menu in all the languages (very good, even Italian and Spanish was available)
Very bad: not possible to divide the bill in two credit cards. I can't believe it was not possible, think more waiter laziness.
Prices honest for zurich

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I always liked this place. When did they put a TV on the wall? I can watch TV everywhere I go in America. We talk and drink here. Please take it down.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We saw a lot of people eating outside and the food looked good. We are inside and it is very busy at lunch. The servers hustle. I had the Hungarian beef goulash soup. It had very good taste but not very good size bowl for the price. We had chicken cordon bleu with the hash browns. Good taste and nice portion Size.