“Good food & beer, little touristy”
Review of Zeughauskeller

Zeughauskeller
Ranked #24 of 2,017 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Good food, huge portions so we shared a dish (which was still plenty). Good food, a little touristy, but that doesn't bother us. We came around 4pm for a snack and a beer, but most of the tables looked reserved after 5.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,875)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Been Sunday for lunch, as favorite places are closed.
Asked to book at noon, they told us that not possible or necessary.
Came back at 1 pm. A very long queue.
Some people pass in front, saying they had a reservation. How come if it wasn't possible, nice question. Probably they are local.
Finally got a table, near the kitchen. All the place is quite loud.
Very nice food, quick service
We couldn't have rösti, because, the waiter said need to wait 40 minutes for it.
But we saw hundreds of rösti coming out of the kitchen.
They offer the menu in all the languages (very good, even Italian and Spanish was available)
Very bad: not possible to divide the bill in two credit cards. I can't believe it was not possible, think more waiter laziness.
Prices honest for zurich

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I always liked this place. When did they put a TV on the wall? I can watch TV everywhere I go in America. We talk and drink here. Please take it down.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We saw a lot of people eating outside and the food looked good. We are inside and it is very busy at lunch. The servers hustle. I had the Hungarian beef goulash soup. It had very good taste but not very good size bowl for the price. We had chicken cordon bleu with the hash browns. Good taste and nice portion Size.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My daughter and I some weeks ago planned to go out for lunch, as I despite over 50 years a local in Zurich have never visited Zeughauskeller before, this was the place I wanted to try out, my daughter flat refused as this Restaurant was too martial for her. A So - I had to go alone, I do not regret it, I said to myself let's put them to the test with something very very basic Bratwurst and Rösti. The small outside terrace on this hot day was not available, full with tourists so inside I went, half expecting to be overseen, but no - a friendly waitress detected me immediately and served my correctly drawn open beer very rapidly, the dish followed after just the correct time - it usually takes to cook it from fresh and so it tasted - a great praiseworthy local dish which is not overtaxing a pensioners budget. As to the decor I had to agree with my daughter far too martial, but the second beer served as swift at the first - made me leave a happy customer