“There's a TV on the wall of this beautiful old restaurant...it's not an American Sports Bar.”
Review of Zeughauskeller

Zeughauskeller
Ranked #23 of 2,017 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I always liked this place. When did they put a TV on the wall? I can watch TV everywhere I go in America. We talk and drink here. Please take it down.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We saw a lot of people eating outside and the food looked good. We are inside and it is very busy at lunch. The servers hustle. I had the Hungarian beef goulash soup. It had very good taste but not very good size bowl for the price. We had chicken cordon bleu with the hash browns. Good taste and nice portion Size.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My daughter and I some weeks ago planned to go out for lunch, as I despite over 50 years a local in Zurich have never visited Zeughauskeller before, this was the place I wanted to try out, my daughter flat refused as this Restaurant was too martial for her. A So - I had to go alone, I do not regret it, I said to myself let's put them to the test with something very very basic Bratwurst and Rösti. The small outside terrace on this hot day was not available, full with tourists so inside I went, half expecting to be overseen, but no - a friendly waitress detected me immediately and served my correctly drawn open beer very rapidly, the dish followed after just the correct time - it usually takes to cook it from fresh and so it tasted - a great praiseworthy local dish which is not overtaxing a pensioners budget. As to the decor I had to agree with my daughter far too martial, but the second beer served as swift at the first - made me leave a happy customer

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

So we were looking for a place for lunch, having a long layover in Zurich, and the transfer desk staff serving us recommended us this place. Worth the little hike downtown & a short walk from Haupbanhof station. We went there without a reservation & were ushered to a table very quickly despite a crowd... Seems ok to share a table here as we shared the table with a couple. Nice atmosphere with apparently William Tell's bow on the walls. The place used to be an armory. Food portions are large & a little salty. But would recommend the pork knuckle & beer.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I brought my visitors for lunch on a Tuesday, I was surprise to find that they were running a full house capacity on a weekday, nevertheless the wait was worth it as the food was excellent as always! Next time I will make a reservation regardless of the day!