“Excellent food, fantastic service”
Review of Haus zum Rueden

Haus zum Rueden
Ranked #3 of 2,089 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$3 - US$3
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very spacious dining room, the kitchen and service definitely help make it a dining experience. The food was wonderful, they use very fine products and bring out the best in them. The service was forthcoming, welcoming and did everything to spend the perfect night.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had only 1 night in Zurich it was the end of our holiday and let me tell you they made our last evening so memorable. From the food to the service to the hospitality of the entire staff.
The restaurants sits upstairs which gives you a lovely lookout. Each table along side the window has a lamp providing a cozy atmosphere.
Andrea, Giovanni (the owner) and michael (server) made us feel welcome from the begging until the end of our meal.
What a fantastic team they are. They really compliment each other and work efficiently together.
There were 4 of us dining. One had the 5 course tasting menu and the others did the gluten free pasta , octopus salad and the lobster trio enteee. There wasn’t a dish that was brought that we weren’t impressed w. The chef Petra even cane out at the end of the night spoke w us and explained how the meat was prepared. She was so delightful and pleasant. I cannot say enough about the entire staff here. They will not disappoint you nor will the food.
We choose 2 fabulous bottles of Pinot based on Andreas recommendation. Ended our evening w a cheesecake and the crepes. Beautifully well done by Andreas tableside. Nice for sharing. Must try!

1  Thank KHRJ16
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

As noted by other reviewers, the restaurant is amazingly beautiful. Even though large, there are relatively few tables, which makes it an intimate dining experience. My wife and I shared the dorade which was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and efficient and also helpful in recommending a delicious (but reasonably priced) wine. He was also assisted by the owner who also shared the history of the building (used by the Swiss to produce coins some 700 years ago) and the restaurant. All in all, a wonderful evening. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We went for traditional fondue to ths place. We were kindly served by an englishman who spoke fluently german. The wine we ordered was very nice and the fondue terrific. We were told that even in wintertime people dine outside.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

When passing the restaurant every day on my way to work I always imagined the place to be amazing in all ways. So when my dad came to visit me in Zurich the Haus zum Rüden was my first thought. We booked a table for four on Saturday night and our experience was superb from beginning to end.
The waiters Giovanni and Andrea welcomed us in the nicest way ever and throughout the whole evening we felt super comfortable and taken care of. They made jokes and told us about the great history of the place, but at the same time were super professional and on point with their service. The food was heaven - starters, mains and desserts all wonderful. Definitely one Michelin star worthy. We received complimentary hors d'oeuvres and digestifs and were even shown the entire location after dinner. I can't imagine a better place for a special occasion with your friends, family or loved one. Grazie Giovanni e Andrea!

1  Thank LizaPehman