“Great food in a great setting”
Review of Haus zum Rueden

Haus zum Rueden
Ranked #3 of 2,178 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$3 - US$3
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This restaurant is located in a historic building constructed in 1295. Parts of the original ceiling remain in place. For example, the restaurant's wood ceiling hasn't changed since 1295.

Stories aside... The 28 year old chef is amazing. Food is slow, but that's because he takes his time to do a great job. It's worth the wait.

Service is also slow, but the truth is that the waiters are really nice people.

The sicilian manager is a nice person as well and will guide you toward what you are really looking for.

Last but not least, the view is beautiful and the tables are wide and spaced from each other, a rarity in the center of zurich.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I cannot find anything that I didn't like about this place! The food, the atmosphere, the decoration, the service - everything was perfect!!! I absolutely loved it!!! Looking forward to spending our team dinner here!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The ambiance is quite nice at the top floor on the restaurant with all the wood paneling and proximity to the river. The food was pretty good, decent amount of options (unless you have a gluten allergy and are a vegetarian like my girlfriend is), but it was severely overpriced. Our waiter was very nice and ernest with decent english, but the meal was slightly above average to be honest. Save the money and go somewhere else.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My cousin and her husband took my husband and me for lunch at Haus um Ruden. The restaurant is in an old guild house in the historic district of Zurich.(16th).There were several dishes that I do not eat so the menu was a bit limited for me. The food is a bit pricy but the cheese ravioli was yummy. The wait staff(one with a wooden bow tie) were very attentive. The restaurant is beautiful with unique wooden ceilings. I would recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I was traveling solo in Zürich and researched TripAdvisor for a highly rated restaurant. This was my choice and I found it top notch. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like a guest in a mansion due to the host and the server as well as the setting of the room. The dining room is on the second floor of an old building and the carved wood ceiling is curved like on the bottom of a boat.

For the food, I was directed to the prix fixe menu and was recommended two starters and a main.

After the amuse bouche I had chestnut Ravioli pillows with Brussels sprouts and cranberry. The second course had a small piece of Wild Salmon on a bed of lentils.

For the main course, I had deer with spätzli, red cabbage and applesauce - a modern take on a traditional course.

If you're a foodie and you want great service in an amazingly charming setting, choose this restaurant.

1  Thank DougJ25