“Paillard on the terasse”
Review of Dieci Allo Zoo

Dieci Allo Zoo
Ranked #597 of 2,179 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

On a monthly basis a few italian friends gather to celebrate the italan way of life.
Tonight we enjoyed a perfect entree with italian cold cuts and carpaccio. The main was paillard with season vegetables. The dinner with excellent wine was cocluded with water melon.
The service and quality was great. Georgio and his team know there strenghts ;)

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Everything you expect from a good italian restaurant: excellent pizza, very good pasta, surprisingly good meat, and always good vines. Beautiful outside area and nice interior. The perfect place if you are looking for superyummy, uncomplicated dining in a nice environment.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We spontaneously decided to stop at Dieci, based on recommendations from friends and family.
First and foremost, there is free parking, quite a bit of it, actually. Should you travel by public transit, the Zoo station for tram line 6 (and sometimes 5) isn't a far walk.
Right, the service leaves little to be desired. We were greeted and seated immediately, everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to take care of us. Seems Sunday nights are rather quiet, which was a pleasant surprise.
We started off with a large Caprese salad (normally made up of tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil), indeed a generous portion, but, unfortunately, without basil. Now, I'm the sort of person who double or even triple sniffs basil at the store; I absolutely adore those tasty leafs, about as much as one sanely can. Their absence was an utter disappointment. The cheese and tomatoes tasted fantastic.
Our dinner continued with the main courses; I chose the veal Milanese with a side of pasta on olive oil and herbs. Think of the meat as an Italian Schnitzel, an incredibly thin piece of meat, breaded and finished to a crisp. Sadly, this dish sets you back 59 francs, about 20 more than some of Zurich's best Schnitzel would, which put the veal Milanese in the over-priced category. Our party of three further had spaghetti on a garlic and olive oil sauce as well as a dish of spaghetti carbonara. In all fairness, the kitchen prepared our pasta to perfection, beautifully al dente with just enough salt to not be the usual bland lump one quickly finds in many other establishments.
No dinner would be complete without desserts, pannacotta, tiramisu and chocolate mousse for each of us respectively. All three desserts tasted great, no complaints whatsoever, and the espresso at the end finished the dinner appropriately. Of course, I'll be up for the better part of the night because of it, but I've got nobody to blame but myself.
The biggest problem I had with our dinner, apart from the tragic absence of basil, was the price: 169 francs. I fail to see how this is, in any way, justified. Basic pasta dishes, some veal, a bottle of sparkling and still water... no, sorry, I don't see 169 francs of services and food rendered.
I don't regret the visit, don't misunderstand, I'd more than likely give it four stars, maybe even five, if the total came out closer to 100 than where it ultimately was. Say you like any given burger from any given fast food chain, now imagine you pay 200% more for the same exact product at a different restaurant. It tastes all the same but the astronomical price leaves a bit of a (figuratively) sour aftertaste, right? This is what I mean. I don't think I'll be going back because I can get a piece of Italy, just as tasty (with basil!), for significantly less.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The gnocchi rosé were so overcooked it was basically porridge which is no surprise as we had to wait 40min for it. The service is completely overwhelmed

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

*** English below ***
Superbe et grande terrasse. La qualité de la nourriture est bonne, le service est bon. La classe de prix est supérieur. Place de parc à disposition. Le Resto est situé à 20m de l'entrée du zoo de Zurich
*** English version ***
Superb and big terrace. The quality of the food was good and the service as well. The prices are quit high, not for low budget. Parking spot available around. Situated at 20m from Zurich's Zoo main entrance.