“Fun and Fondue”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The restaurant (and surrounding area) has a very laid back artistic vibe that is very fun. As a tourist, I thought it had a different feel from the very central part of the city. Still, it was easy to get to and easy to find.

We tried three different fondue dishes in the yurt, each one was delicious and had its own unique flavour. It was quite cold outside but the yurt was perfectly cosy and we were able to relax and enjoy dinner. Once you have eaten fondue, you don't feel the cold again.

The place is friendly, relaxed and the food is good. I think the prices are about average for Zurich. The downside? I suspect that this goes for all fondue restaurants, but please make full use of the cloakroom and you may want to check that you are not wearing anything you'll want to wear the next day. The smell of cheese will haunt you.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Went in winter to enjoy their cheese fondue. Great stuff! The yurt is extremely cosy and warm (albeit smelling strongly of cheese!) and the staff were super welcoming and friendly! Decided on the beer and bacon fondue snd sweet potatoe to dip and were more than satisfied!

miteinandergmbh, Inhaber at Frau Gerolds Garten, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Charles

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. We'd be happy to welcome you back during the summer time.
Stop by anytime.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 February 2018

The place is in the middle of nowhere, the neighbourhood is weird (or at least it seemed so in the evening).
It was my first time to try fondue, but I got no recommendation from the staff. Only a day later I discovered that you should order a hot tea with fondue and understood why did I get a heavy and upset stomach.
I had 50-50 fondue and potatoes. Could not finish it.
The place is crowded and smelly, but I was OK with it.
Would I return? Probably.

miteinandergmbh, Inhaber at Frau Gerolds Garten, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Shelly

Thank you for your feedback. We'd be happy to welcome you again sometime. We're constantly working on improving ourself and feedbacks like yours help us with that.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I went here with a large group in the winter when Frau Gerold’s Garten becomes a cozy intimate restaurant versus its beer garden iteration in the summer. It’s a great introduction to the West part of Zurich and has ambiance in spades. We tried several of the fondues and all of them were delicious, but the group favorite was the Herb Fondue. They also have a large selection of alcolic drinks and sides, which are well worth exploring. I’m not sure how easy it is to get in without a reservation, but booking a table online is pretty simple with their website. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank Rebekah T
miteinandergmbh, Inhaber at Frau Gerolds Garten, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Bekterry

That's great to hear. We're glad that your stay at the Frau Gerolds Garten was such a success. We're already looking forward to your next visit. Until then.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We went there to try our first cheese fondue and it was delicious, plus with abordable price! The service was really nice. And the best part is, the restaurant! I love the interior, such a lovely place to hangout with friends. I saw some great pictures of the restaurant on summer, but on winter it's even better! You can go grab a hot wine and sit outside in front of the bonfire!

miteinandergmbh, Inhaber at Frau Gerolds Garten, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Shabrina

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are more than happy that your stay at the Frau Gerolds Garten was a success. We'd love to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards