All reviewsold townminute walkliving areaelegant hotelmini barbaur au lacan upgradetwo blocksquiet areashopping areadefinitely stay here againbooked this hotelbreakfast buffettrain stationlakebahnhofstrasseluxury
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have never stayed in anything like it. The suite was enormous, and by the first morning, I had watched both televisions, lounged on the couch and the chaise longue, eaten all the complementary Swiss chocolate, fruit and nuts, raided the complementary mini-bar, had a whirlpool bath and a rainforest shower. I didn’t want to miss anything.

As I explained to the excellent front office representative, Ayleen Hofmann, my only problem was having to leave the suite for my morning meeting. Warmly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Thomas P, General Manager at Alden Suite Hotel Splugenschloss Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear John F

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay with us.

It is nice to hear that you felt comfortable in one of our spacious suite with our facilities.
Also we are happy that you were satisfied with the service of our staff.

We really hope to see you again here in Zurich.

Your Alden Team

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Arrived early in morning from Canada, quite tired. Ayleen at front desk was kind enough to provide our room well before the authorized check in time, and not only that, she upgraded us at no charge! Had a large suite with a bedroom, a bathroom that was on par with those in five star Las Vegas hotels, and a long hallway that led to another huge livingroom/diningroom area with a second TV. Modern, yet European in style, the room was lovely and very quiet. TV stations had English channels from England, but filled with US shows like Law and Order and NCIS. Staff was wonderful. Buffet breakfast spread was delicious, plus you could get made-to-order dishes included such as eggs and pancakes, and all types of coffee. A beautiful old building with character from the outside, but sufficiently modernized on the inside. A small but functional elevator helped transport the luggage and people. Service with a smile, great stay, comfortable bed, and absolutely nothing but praise for the Alden.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed well placed.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Thomas P, General Manager at Alden Suite Hotel Splugenschloss Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Fizbin7

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

It is nice to hear that you liked our free upgrade and that you were satisfied with the service from our staff.
Also we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and the breakfast in the morning.

It would be a big pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Zurich.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived into a lovely building , staff was very helpful, the rooms spacious comfortable and very very clean!
The beds are cosy and we all slept like logs
Roms are fantastic overall

We decided for late brunch and got a table full of breakfast fantastic service
Stayed 3 hours and have just enjoyed ourselves !

Thank you Alden!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Thomas P, General Manager at Alden Suite Hotel Splugenschloss Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Unikat 77

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are happy that you felt comfortable in one of our suites and that you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning.

It would be a big pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Zurich.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Very nice 2-nights stay at the Alden Suites. The room was very spacious, it felt almost like living in a serviced apartment. During our first night we were bothered by a loud drunk man banging on our door at around 11pm. He didn't seem friendly so we called the reception which resolved the issue in a jiff.
I would give a 5/5 rating to this hotel, but I would say that breakfast service could be improved. On the Sunday, there was only one lady to take care of customers in the breakfast room, as well as room service. She was trying her best, but service was not adequate for a 5 star hotel. I would say that we felt the breakfast staff was less friendly and less warm than the rest.
Overall I would definitely this low-key luxurious boutique hotel for a stay in Zurich.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Thomas P, General Manager at Alden Suite Hotel Splugenschloss Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Morgouz

Thank you very much for your feedback and your time.
Your feedback means a lot to us as we try to improve us daily.

We are happy that you felt comfortable in one of our spacious suite and that you liked our boutique hotel.

It would be a big pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Zurich.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This was my second time in Zurich and am glad I chose to stay here for 3 nights.
It is set one block back from the park and lake plus is only 4 blocks from the bottom of the Bahnhofstrasse - only a 10 minute walk away.
Super quiet location with quiet streets around it.

The hotel itself is small and I rarely saw another guest - except at breakfast (which was included in my tariff).
The level of service is high and the staff are all very professional - they all remembered my name and after just one morning knew which coffee to bring me for breakfast!
The breakfast was good - whatever egg dish you wanted to be cooked for you plus a vast array of other selections on offer.
I also ate dinner one night in the hotel - not cheap but the quality was good
With dinner I ordered a glass of red (the Blauburgunden Pinot Noir) and without hesitation they opened a fresh bottle of it and poured a very generous sized glass right in front of me - a sign of good hospitality!

They upgraded me to a suite - which was vast!
All of it was very comfortably furnished and the bathroom was huge - plus a full second guest WC adjacent to the living room,
The only small gripe was that the central heating in the bedroom gave off a lot of heat.
I am not sure if they could turn it down as the warm pipes tend to run through the whole building and often cannot be isolated.
I slept with the windows open which made it more comfortable - as you only have a quilt to sleep under.

Zurich is a very walkable city - the lake is very close by and it is worth the short walk to the Kunstmuseum - the main gallery in Zurich.
Be warned - Zurich is a very expensive city - taxis, a coffee in the street... everything!
But the Swiss are generous and you will always get a good serving at a restaurant or cafe.
A couple of good places to eat at:
- the Sprungli cafe toward the bottom of the Bahnhofstrasse - grab one of the outside tables, order a coffee and choose one of the yum cakes or pastries to snack on and watch the locals stroll by, I did this on a cold winter morning with the sun on me and it was a treat.
- Santa Lucia Italian Restaurant - just adjacent to the Hermes store and Just off the Bahnhofstrasse. Not cheap but really good food and excellent service - prob the best place I ate at in Zurich,

Several years ago I stayed nearby at the Baur Au Lac - regarded by many as the best hotel in Zurich.
You cannot beat the location and garden of the Baur Au Lac - but I actually found the level of service at The Alden to be superior.
The Alden is a real little gem and sets a high standard.
I got a good deal (through Qantas Holidays) and feel that I got good very value for money with The Alden - not something you can usually say about anything in Zurich!
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the internal courtyard and it was very quiet. But even the rooms facing the street would not be noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank WalterBW
Thomas P, General Manager at Alden Suite Hotel Splugenschloss Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear WalterBW

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

Your opinion is of our highest importance as we try to improve us daily.

It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your 3 day stay with us and that you were satisfied with the service of our staff, which means a lot to us!

We would be very pleased to welcome you back on your next journey to Zurich.

Have a wonderful day