All reviews oldest vegetarian restaurant train station nespresso coffee machine excellent location old town hotel bar central location shopping area business hotel would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet is excellent stay minute walk beautiful city welcome drink very nice hotel nice breakfast
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my 4 year old and husband. We had made a prior request for a quiet room and an additional bed. This was provided to us with no additional cost. We had a lovely room with a balcony and views of the courtyard which we thought was very pretty. The breakfast buffet was sufficient even for vegetarians and we loved the fresh pastries served. The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect. It is close to Coop (supermarket), Hitl (a vegetarian restaurant just opposite the hotel), the train station was near by too. We very much enjoyed out stay.

My only feedback was that during breakfast some of the servers can come across as 'cold' and unfriendly. Otherwise it would have been perfect. Thank you!

Room tip: Email and call in advance for a courtyard room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bsgill
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear guest
Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Glockenhof. I am glad to read that the majority of your stay was a positive experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I just stayed for the last two days with my wife and the service of the employees is unbelievable bad, very bad attitude and the breakfast very poor, they don’t replace the food, no eggs, no pantries, as soon as they are gone, no more. We had bread, cheese and butter. Not recommended at all. I took the pictures at 9:05 am.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I am truly saddened to hear about the disappointing experience you encountered while being our guest. I would love to speak to you personally if you would be willing to give us another opportunity to regain your faith and loyalty in our property.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights in Zurich. As a 1st time visitor I wanted a Swiss “feel” hotel that was well located. I Was more than happy with our choice.

The hotel was gracious, charming, welcoming & spotless without being stuffy or overbearing. Our room was spacious & well furnished. The staff was more than accommodating especially when a friend traveling with us was injured & needed help

The location was perfect. Short walks to Old Town & the Bahnhof Str. Sightseeing and shopping galore.

I would recommend the Glockenhof without hesitation. From the welcoming drink to the excellent service it’s a gem.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your lovely review and the 5 star score you gave us. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Staff was very attentive and the location is very good if you are interested in staying close to the train station but also close to "old town" Zurich. Our room was nice and the bathroom modern but not nothing super special when considering the price point.

Date of stay: July 2018
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to give us some feedback. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We do not reccomand this hotel to families with small babies. We were disappointed.
The first impression is very of importante...reception told us (we had 8monts mimi on hands) that the room is not ready-at 3 pm-the reservation we paid the week in advance ... they gave us without excuse another room-without the children's bed what we asked in advance and oriented to the street - not to the yard - how they annonced us...it would be fun if it was not actually sad, service and staff, specifically for example a receptionist (Laura) or a waiters (Sally or Viktor), absolutely not answering to the prizes and ratings...such a pity that our feelings did not changed during a stay..restaurant menu with cuple of average quality meals and personal are - how to say - very poor for 4* hotel in the centre of Zurich with such a level of rating...
P.S. Maybe if we were voayers so we will be fine, because the design room with complete built-in glass bathroom and toilet with sliding doors is, diplomatically speaking, impractical, especially if you have a small child behind.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I am truly saddened to hear about the disappointing experience you encountered while being our guest. Clearly we fell short of your expectations and our promise to deliver genuine hospitality. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please feel free to contact me directly under Matthias.Sutter@glockenhof.ch.