Baur au Lac
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Adler(Zurich)
Hotel Alexander(Zurich)
US$177
US$153
  • Breakfast included
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$145
US$319
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrolls roycegrand dameleading hotels of the worldconcierge staffgrand hotelfive star hotelclassic hotelroom servicejunior suiteswiss hospitalityfamous bahnhofstrasselake viewfantastic hotelpillow menuthe location is perfectfavorite hotellovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Fantastic Location, just a minute from Bahnhoffstrasse,
Very nice size Deluxe Double Room, very good bathroom size.
Superb room service and delicious food.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

It was the second time I went to Baur au Lac and the F&B manager or director, a very young chap, was there again. Very very rude boy.
The staff is also very slow, arrogant and they think that because you do not enter with a Bentley and a Louis Vuitton you do not have money and deserve a good service..
The cocktails were really, my wife ordered a Mojito and it was the worst she has had.. they did not bother to offer any drinks, any snacks, nothing.. when i tried to complain they laughed in my face and I am not joking
I have also heard this from many people...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Peoplesrights
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here as a stopover en-route to Lake Como. Unfortunately, we were held up in traffic throughout Belgium on the way and so we arrived very late at night. This meant room service rather than sampling the restaurant. Nevertheless, our meals were excellent and the service was more like private dining than simply room service.
The room itself was extremely comfortable and we felt very refreshed in the morning for the next day of travelling.
Breakfast in the Pavillion room was also very pleasant (despite the rain).
All staff were very courteous and friendly enough.
We'd have no hesitation in staying here again and we felt like we missed out having only stayed the one night.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2010

My wife and two kids ages 8 and 4 spent 6 nights at the Baur au Lac . The entire stay was fantastic. From the moment we arrived to the the momement we checked out we were treated wonderfully. Our flight arrived @ 8am from Atlanta and we were picked up by a driver sent by the hotel. The hotel allowed us to check in early, this was greatly appreciated by my wife and I since we had our kids with us and they were very tired after the 8+ hour flight. We stayed in a Jr. Suite overlooking the lake. It was very spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and rooms very quiet. The hotel is also a very clean and elegant hotel. The staff are very nice and will work to accomodate all requests. The concierge was very helpful with the local area and excursions and also arranged a rental car for us which was delivered to the Hotel.
We have stayed in several 5 star hotels and the Baur au lac is definately on the top of our list. If we return to Zurich we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stayed here for 5 days in February. I arrived early from Luzern. The reception was friendly and efficient as always. I was given a beautiful canal side room in traditional style and an excellent bathroom including a wonderful large bath!
Room service was always prompt and efficient.

The hotel restaurant (The Pavilion) serves breakfast in one of the most beautiful rooms in Switzerland. Three dinners and one lunch at the restaurant were outstanding.
Free internet access and mini bar are a plus.
This hotel is not cheap but I remember from my first stay 40 years ago that the rates in Swiss Francs have only increased from 350CHF to 1,150CHF per night.
Location is perfect; with a park and views over the lake and the main shopping street only a few minutes away by foot
This would be my choice of hotel in Luzern at any time of year. If possible avoid and street side rooms as they can be noisy.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo