“Used to be our favourite, but not anymore”
Review of il postino

il postino
Ranked #1,552 of 2,162 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oerlikon
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We used to go here a lot, but found in recent months that the atmosphere had changed, and also the pizza's weren't up to their usual quality anymore.
They've introduced an updated interior, but the basics are not right for us anymore. We also aren't too fussed about the choice of wine by the glass anymore, especially the white wines.
Pity.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I am very satisfied with the food that this restaurant offers.
Except food that was very delicious cooked, Service was fantastic with sweet behavior and polite.

I would like to recommend everyone to visit this restaurant IL Postino

Thanks!
Best regards your client.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Every once in a while after "forgetting" how horrible the food was at my last visit, I decide to go again and give it another chance (I live across the street, and they have a very tempting outdoors dining area) but today has definitely been by far the worst, I will make sure to remember that next time I even think of going to this horrible place. Never again!!

Long story short for today's lovely encounter: I was shouted at by the manager for bringing back my plate, he even had the nerve to tell me that the -very obviously burnt shrimp swimming in burnt oily pasta- wasn't burnt! I was about fed up of this place so I didn't even bother arguing with him. Horrible service, horrible food, it just keeps getting worse and worse and I really can't wait till this place shuts down and something better comes instead, because their garden area is brilliant. But everything else is just horrible.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I had a shard on my pizza. Ok, this can happen. BUT: The boss didn't show up, until we wanted to pay and explicitly asked for him. And he only said, that he was busy before.

1  Thank marcogaethler
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We have been frequent customers since the restaurant opened (see my comment dated 2015). Almost once a month or more. 2016 the decline started: all the time new personnel, absolutely not qualified and no word German nor English nor French. Only Italian maybe.That maybe authentic but the result was ridiculous. And if they understood us still..Wrong drinks, wrong food etc etc. Well that may happen but when the food starts to be gruesome such as I got my rucola salad in a plate where they had deposited a huge amount of cut cheese (400 gr approx) below the salad or my butter ravioli are not cooked thru and are swimming in a brown water (tasteless) instead of a but if butter and salbei..to be fair: the pizzas are still good. However the whole atmosphere is such as the owner (who dines with his family inside i.e should see all that)) lost completely interest in his restaurant being a restaurant where one can have a decent neal (not being a pizza). I know that one can expect a Gault M. restaurant but a solid foid qualuty should be available. So the question is: whats happening with il Pistino ? The guests are no longer coming in masses..no wonder and the terasse is only 1/ 3 occupied....