“Fun Trip”

Marmot's Paradise (Marmottes Paradis)
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Taking a cog train is the best way to see this site, but only go when you know the weather is good. Views are spectacular from the train and even more so when you arrive at the top. Take the walks to see even more fabulous views. The trails are plenty wide, but could be an issue for some. We had a pleasant snack in the café if you are a bit hungry.
Note: the rail was being worked on when we went, so we took the train about half way, switched to a bus, and then back on the train to finish the ride. A bit annoying, but still worth taking the trip.

2  Thank rvisdew

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I think the end of season meant it was rather shabby. It was not explained that there was not much to see.

2  Thank Jeannette452013
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Too expensive on a service run by idiots.They did'nt recognise their own special offer and the trains are very old rolling stock and the price is absolutely absurd ( 68.chf adult return)

3  Thank chelseagland
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I went on a hike around the "Marmot's Paradise" at the Rochers de Naye. After a tough three-hours walk, it suddenlty became clear to me in which "paradise" these small animals have to live.
HELL! In the midst of their natural habitat, electrical fences have been installed. I can even imagine that something was done underground, so that these animals can't flee. They cannot survive on their own and rely on humans to be fed. They cannot live a worthy marmot-life anymore. Even next to the restaurant, tourists can discover how a marmot lives. And all the while, two animals stare annoyingly at you in their 10sqm of terrain.

I absolutely love marmots and when I heard about the Rochers de Naye, I was imagining a real marmot's paradise: so many animals that would roam around freely that you could get to see them easily. But never did I imagine they were all FENCED UP! Each tourist can go up with a train, "hike" for two minutes and pretend to have seen the alpine fauna. On the Rochers' leaflet, there is no question of electrical fences !! I find it absolutely horrendous, it's unworthy of anyone's life, it's wild animals' mistreatment!!

12  Thank Bee3003
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We missed the opportunity to feed marmotts in natural environment (in Saas Fee) so we took a (second) chance. It is obviously not so nice and natural when marmotts are behing the fence, still it is nice to watch those animals at no distance as they enjoy being fed by carrotts or peanuts. Recommended for children and adults alike.