All reviews box of chocolates sweet trolley lake geneva meeting room dining terrace old world view over the lake lac leman local wine breakfast and dinner quiet hotel set menu following morning large windows beautiful room top floor corner room
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I spent 4 nights here in July and found the accomodation very comfortable and extremely spacious- the hotel very kindly upgraded my room to an apartment overlooking the gorgeous lake. I have never stayed in such a palatial space (it was bigger than my apartment at home). Hotel Victoria definitely has an old world European vibe about it and came across as a little reserved at times. I did find that there were moments when the hospitality could have been more attentive- as a single person, I did not find the wait staff particularly warm and welcoming, albeit they were very efficient and 'proper'. Despite this, I did have a staff member go out of his way to help me to the train on time. This was above and beyond expectation and very much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Victoria is not the sort of hotel we would normally stay in, but we went for a special birthday as the reviews were excellent and it certainly did not disappoint. Not only was the location calm and beautiful, the staff always went above and beyond with the service. Breakfast was a small selection but very tasty. We particularly enjoyed the room service as you can order from the full restaurant menu. Our room was very large with a living/dining area which meant we could stay in our room or go to the many communal areas. The pool area was very beautiful and you could order drinks there too. We ate at the restaurant one evening and it was delicious, the set menu was reasonable for four courses of that quality. Overall a wonderful stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Sitting here admiring the view from our balcony . Only a couple of hours before we have to leave this magical hotel . This must be our 4 stay now . We always have room 40 as the view is amazing . The hotel is very grand with beautiful antique furniture . It’s another place where you actually want to stay in your room and enjoy the vista . It’s not a cheap place . Very expensive actually compared to England but Switzerland is expensive so it’s a special yearly treat . The food is lovely service friendly and attentive . The owners are always on hand talking to guests . The best place ever .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

This is one of the best hotel we have ever stayed in Europe. Surrounded by beautiful scenery with lake. Very scenic and peaceful. The drive around the lake is also fantastic. Breakfast is continental Europe breakfast with great portion.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for four nights in July 2018 I was welcomed with grace and style by Mr Milos Hynie when I artived. I was escorted to my room.. which wss lovely in an elegant, comfortable old world style. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. The housekeeping staff keep the rooms scrupulously clean.
Unfortunately I was woken the first night of my stay, and early the following morning, by noisy and inconsiderate adjoining guests. I mentioned this to Mr Hynie who swiftly and efficiently shifted me to another room. I really appreciated this gesture. The rest of my stay was quiet and restful.

The rooms overlooking Lake Leman provide sensational views. The hotel has beautiful gardens and a great swimming pool in which to cool off in the hot weather. There are the most beautiful flower arrangements everywhere in the hotel.

Mr Hymie was very helpful with information on transport options and timetables and provided me with a detailed map of the Lavaux Wine region walks- something which was on my travel bucket list. The walk was really good.

Dowwnside? The somewhat surly early morning breakfast staff person detracted somewhat from the enjoyment of my breakfast.

This is a beautiful, comfortable hotel which provides an understated feeling of 'luxe'

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

This is a beautiful, elegant and gracious hotel. I enjoyed my stay here. The service, on the whole, was exceptional HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo