All reviews box of chocolates sweet trolley lake geneva meeting room dining terrace old world view over the lake lac leman local wine breakfast and dinner quiet hotel set menu following morning large windows beautiful room top floor corner room
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Sitting here admiring the view from our balcony . Only a couple of hours before we have to leave this magical hotel . This must be our 4 stay now . We always have room 40 as the view is amazing . The hotel is very grand with beautiful antique furniture . It’s another place where you actually want to stay in your room and enjoy the vista . It’s not a cheap place . Very expensive actually compared to England but Switzerland is expensive so it’s a special yearly treat . The food is lovely service friendly and attentive . The owners are always on hand talking to guests . The best place ever .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

This is one of the best hotel we have ever stayed in Europe. Surrounded by beautiful scenery with lake. Very scenic and peaceful. The drive around the lake is also fantastic. Breakfast is continental Europe breakfast with great portion.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for four nights in July 2018 I was welcomed with grace and style by Mr Milos Hynie when I artived. I was escorted to my room.. which wss lovely in an elegant, comfortable old world style. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. The housekeeping staff keep the rooms scrupulously clean.
Unfortunately I was woken the first night of my stay, and early the following morning, by noisy and inconsiderate adjoining guests. I mentioned this to Mr Hynie who swiftly and efficiently shifted me to another room. I really appreciated this gesture. The rest of my stay was quiet and restful.

The rooms overlooking Lake Leman provide sensational views. The hotel has beautiful gardens and a great swimming pool in which to cool off in the hot weather. There are the most beautiful flower arrangements everywhere in the hotel.

Mr Hymie was very helpful with information on transport options and timetables and provided me with a detailed map of the Lavaux Wine region walks- something which was on my travel bucket list. The walk was really good.

Dowwnside? The somewhat surly early morning breakfast staff person detracted somewhat from the enjoyment of my breakfast.

This is a beautiful, comfortable hotel which provides an understated feeling of 'luxe'

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

This is a beautiful, elegant and gracious hotel. I enjoyed my stay here. The service, on the whole, was exceptional HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We loved this hotel! It was not only a great value and convenient to the train station, this hotel is absolutely beautiful in decor from color choices, and artwork to rugs and atmosphere. Our check in and check out were easy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. As a bonus, they offer a travel buddy (At no additional
charge) in the form of a phone device that offers tourist info, maps and even a phone call if needed. This is very helpful for guests who may not want to use domestic phone service abroad. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Beautiful balcony views from most rooms.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Beautiful hotel, large, spacious room. The location was a short walk from the train station in Lausanne. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 3:30pm, but the staff apologized and offered us a map of town. We enjoyed a pleasant walk along the lakefront. We were a little annoyed when the room was still not ready when we returned around 6 pm as we were tired from a long day of travel...but then suddenly another room was available! Overall, great location and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple