All reviews wine bar breakfast included in the price easy walk from train station birthday weekend lake geneva across street flights of stairs hotel restaurant is lake view comfortable bed yogurt would stay here again lovely hotel small hotel per night freddie mercury statue boiled eggs
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I stayed three nights as a solo traveller at this hotel.
It was easy to find, walking from the railway station. The lake was just across the road.
From the minute I walked in the door, I was greeted with a smile and friendliness. There was a lift, but I needed to then climb a set of steps to my room. The lady at reception offered to carry my suitcase up these stairs. The double bed room was large, the wifi power was excellent, a large window was able to be opened.
The days and nights were quite warm in August and the room did not have air conditioning, however a fan was provided. Conditions in the room were great.
Breakfast was a continental spread, quite adequate for my needs.
I was very surprised at the price I paid. The stay at this hotel was extremely affordable.
I would really recommend this charming small hotel.
I did not find the traffic noise a problem.

Room tip: Question about steps to climb when booking
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Beautiful hotel on the lakefront. Very spacious and modern room with a small balcony from which we enjoyed of a beautiful sight of the lake and comfortable bed. Beautiful the bath, with all the comforts. Excellent the cleaning. Excellent also the breakfast, both as quality both as assortment of pastry and savoury. Kind staff that furnishes all the useful information to the stay. Public parking (not free) very close to the hotel. I would surely return there.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Finding a place in Montreux seemed a challenge, but I decided that my wife and I could combine a hotel and restaurant and benefit, which we did. The location is superb, being a minute from the walkway around Lake Geneva. (I review the restaurant separately, but that was great too.) We took the train to and from the city, and rolling our bags was not a problem. The layout of the hotel is a bit unusual, in that rooms on a given floor can be on three different levels, but that is more a matter of the building's design than anything else. The shower was a trifle cramped, but functioned, and the air flow provided by the fan was adequate, but not really cooling. Those are my only two knocks on the place. The breakfast was very nice, with a supply of cereals, eggs, meats, cheeses, breads, jams, and yogurts. The front desk was friendly and informative (and having arrived early, we left our bags there, and the bags were moved into our room by the time we returned).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The hotel has a good location very near the lake-front, train station and shops. I had a side-street room, which was good as it was quieter. The room was clean and comfortable but with a bathroom that seemed to be larger than the room itself. It was a very hot few days and the room lacked air-conditioning. The room did not have a coffee/tea-making facility or a safe. The staff are quite pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is basic. The hotel restaurant is good and there are other restaurants also close by.

Room tip: rooms on side street are quieter
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed in the Terrasse Suite 500 for 3 nights. At 300 CHF per night, there was no value for money.

Positive - Good location and great view from room.

Negative - No air-conditioning or mini bar. Laundry rates are ridiculous. No explanation provided for operating window blinds and no instructions in room (we found a remote control later). It was 30 degrees and the room became a furnace which could have been avoided if the blinds were lowered in the afternoon/early evening. Bed linen not changed in 4 days and bathroom was dirty even after room was cleaned. When we returned in the evening, we found our used towels (which were left in the bathtub for replacement) scrunched up and put back on the towel rack. Unacceptable at 300 CHF per night!

Date of stay: July 2017