“Awful marginal wannabe place”
Review of La Bossette

La Bossette
Ranked #117 of 772 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Swiss, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2015

We went there for dinner. We could not eat, so I am not commenting here on the quality of the food (despite a friend of mine who was food poisoned with a salmon tartare there a month ago).
I will just describe the atmosphere that we witnessed, as the atmosphere largely defines the quality of the moment.

I called to ask whether we could eat at 6.30pm. I was told yes, so we went there. When we arrived, some drunken old scum exhibited passive agressive behaviour towards us.
Some guys were having a beer, and greeted us with a sarcastic "bonsoir" (being from the region, it was easy to recognise their attitude).

The waitress, who was nice though, told us that the kitchen will not be ready for at least an hour. So that was it for our dinner.
On our way out, the old alcoholic wreck slammed the door on my face, which he skipped by a few centimeters. He was defiant.

Maybe the food is nice.

The issue with that place is that you are likely to be confronted with frustrated marginal unpleasant other guests (a local narrow-minded ignorant version of a failed pre-hipster, if you wish). So if you are sensitive to those things and if you happen not to fit with their ad hoc silly criteria, they are likely to let you feel it.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

I've tasted several dishes and they were all good or excellent ( the potato thing with salmon on top or mezze trio were particulary tasty!) The service is very nice and welcoming; great selection of foreign beers and tasty wines for a reasonable price. One of a kind and definately a must if you live in Lausanne.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Good beer, good food, nice staff! Small place and can get loud, but that's part of the charm of the place!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

there is a very large range of beers (65 different types!). The food is very delicious. I had a very tasty Steak tartar with toasts and chips. My friend had Mushrooms on toast (croûte aux champignons) and a very nice dessert with home made ice creams. The beers were gorgeous. The waiter very helpful with a big smile.
I will certainly go there again soon

Reviewed 15 November 2013

It's not very big, and there were certainly a lot of reserved tables, but we were early enough to be lucky and find a free table.

We each had an entree, a main, a drink, and I had a dessert, my husband a coffee. This all came to the grand sum of 82 chf. Most restaurants in Switzerland, that will only get you a main and a drink. So we were very happy.

It has a nice ambiance. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the setting was nice and cosy.