“Best find in Lausanne!”

Cuisines: Latin
Description: Best find in Lausanne! Love this place
Description: Best find in Lausanne! Love this place
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been living in Lausanne for 9 month and I don't go out to eat almost ever because I simply dont want to spend my hard earned cash in restaurants that I have found to be very average in food quality and ambiance AND very overpriced. The places that I have been are so so, I spend a fortune and leave not terribly impressed. The one exception is a restaurant which I reviewed on TA in Dec 2012, great food but.....the prices! :( For example, I usually I feel quite ripped off after spending 150CHF (dollars!) on average pizza for a family of four, funny that....

Having said this, Sabor Latino has been a life saver. It is nothing special to look at, the service is not "good", the food is not haut cuisne but its a fantastic place to relax, listen to some latin american tunes, and just chow down on a good, hearty meal. I'm pretty sure it is cheaper than cooking at home given the prices in this city. We paid 32CHF for two, WoW! The owner, David, is really nice, he speaks French with an accent but he speaks it well. Of course, he speaks Spanish which is very useful.

I have been twice with my husband and both times the offerings are very similar, I think it is probably the same plate just with different meats depending on what you order. We ordered the churrasco, grilled beef and sabana de cerdo, breaded pork skirt steak. Served with lots of rice, french fries, plantains, egg (on the churrasco) and salad. Too much starch for me and I will ask next time for just salad no rice, which I'm sure he will be happy to do. They also serve a lovely home made salsa, hot and spicy which hits the spot.

The second time that we visited, David (the owner) stopped us at the door on our way out and said he had something for us. I was happy he remembered us and also really happy for him to hand us a LOYALTY CARD!! I absolutely LOVE it! I am leaving Lausanne for good next month and my only regret is that I had not found El Sabor Latino earlier!!! Gracias David, que pena que no te encontramos mas temprano !!!!! :(

4  Thank BerkeleyFan