“Fantastico! Favoloso! Un sogno!”
Review of Ristorante St Paul

Ristorante St Paul
Reserve with
Ristorante St Paul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 801 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$32 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Being half Italian, I am always wary of Italian restaurants abroad. However, on my last business trip to Lausanne, a client made me discover this hidden gem.

The restaurant is located in a not so central /glamorous part of town where one would not expect such a venue to be. As soon as we entered, we were swallowed into space and projected in Italy. Sicily to be precise! The manager was very attentive to properly welcome us and made us feel at home from the very first second we got in. Looking around, the tables were busy with all sorts of clients ranging from blue collars to white ones. Connoisseurs, that’s for sure.

I could write tons about the food which was simple but enticingly delicious. And let me not forget to mention the great wine list where one would find ones happiness in a matter of seconds. The service was impeccable and professional while friendly and courteous. If I were to summarize my experience at Ristorante St. Paul, it is probably the best Italian restaurant I have been to in many, many years!

So, if you read this review, do make the effort to go the extra mile to sit down and enjoy a fabulous lunch or dinner at St. Paul. I doubt you will ever regret it! I am pretty sure you will leave with fond memories.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Great food and wonderful atmosphere at this lively Italian restaurant. The owner could not have been more friendly to my wife and I. Almost all locals I would say, a real plus for us and a sign this is a top notch place. the food was great and we had a fantastic primitivo, our favorite wine

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The food is excellent. Fine products from southern Italy, exceptional choice of wines, pasta correctly cooked. The experiences are so good that we are now regulars at the restaurant. The food is quite generous, so do expect a few side effects if you are a big eater :)
Service gets slow when the restaurant is full, but Gualtiero, Nazzareno & Oreste will enjoy talking with you in the meanwhile.

Head there for a romantic dinner, family gathering, friends... whichever event where you will enjoy spending a (long) quality time at a table with a happy, relaxed and laughing atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

They really make you feel welcome at this excellent Italian restaurant away from the tourist hot spots. We, rather and son, had an outside table and enjoyed a Camparis while we ordered a bottle of good Puglia wine. We shared a generous mixed cold antipasti followed by scallop ravioli and a T-bone steak for two persons grilled to perfection. Before the has the steak it started to rain so we moved inside, there was room for everyone. The service was very good and the atmosphere relaxed. A delightful evening dinner.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This is my new favorite restaurant in Lausanne

Truly delicious pastas- I need to try them all!

Even small things like bread and olive oil are perfect.

Not amazing views, but the food is just wow

Expensive, but not even as expensive as others ranked “higher” on TA

Date of visit: May 2018