All reviews old town wi fi train station lausanne flon spent two nights there is no air conditioning short walk nice hotel clean rooms convenient location cathedral switzerland midnight desk
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Positives:
The hotel location was perfect! The night staff was wonderful! I will also mention that the wifi worked very nicely and was fast.

Negatives:
Where to start... the worst thing was finding a bug in my bed. Followed by being kept up by loud neighbors until after 2am. I eventually had to knock on their door and ask them to quiet down. This just demonstrates how thin the walls are and that you can hear EVERYTHING. The room overall had some mildew and cleanliness problems, and the shower was nearly impossible to use. Furthermore, the staff was not so friendly when I checked out.

All in all, this hotel is cheaper (relatively for Switzerland) for a reason, it is just subpar. And I will not be staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Audrey S
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Our family of 3 spent two nights at Hotel Regina and absolutely loved it. The staff are exceptionally friendly and will make sure your expectations are exceeded.

Located in the heart of the city you have waking access to everything you could need. Want to venture away from downtown? No problem. The hotel will provide you with passes that give you access to every mode of public transportation available. We used the train to get to the marina and it took minutes, literally.

We highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank TroyM1564
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel Regina is located in the heart of the old town in Lausanne, within an easy 3-4 minute walk to the metro (which is only one stop from the train station). It is in and amongst the stores and restaurants of a vibrant shopping area, so finding food nearby was very easy. The staff with whom we interacted were very nice and helpful, and the woman at the desk each day gave us a lot of information that helped our visit.

The hotel itself is okay. We had a "suite" for four people. This consisted of a bed in the main room and a sofa bed in the loft above it. The loft bed was not particularly comfortable, and all of the pillows were very flat. There is no air conditioning, so we had to rely on fans to cool the room during a warm few days. We experienced a bit of noise from outside, but we had to keep the windows open for air flow.

Breakfast was pretty average, with some meats, cheeses, and breads along with the other accompaniments. The main desk woman, however, was there to ensure we had whatever we needed.

This hotel is just fine, and our stay was pretty good, but do not expect lavish surroundings. If looking for a springboard to experiencing Lausanne, and if looking for great service, this is a good option.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Lausanne a couple of days after a meeting. I chose Hotel Regina because of convenient location and moderate price. Location was excellent for me. It's only a short walk from Lausanne Flon metro stop. It's also convenient to tourist sites such as the cathedral and shopping area. Unlike some lodging, the inside is MUCH nicer than it would appear from the street. It's great value for the cost. Because it was unusually hot, they had iced lemon water available in the lobby, and actually encouraged me to have some. My room was very pleasant. Had a choice between a somewhat crowded room with a 'view' and a spacious one in the shade. The shaded one also had a newly redone Italian style shower that was more what I expect in a more expensive hotel. Since the view required sticking my head out the window, I chose the one with the nice bathroom. Even without the upgraded bathroom it was a good choice, since the room offered a welcome break from the unusually hot temperatures. Also, staff was very pleasant and seemed happy to help in every way ranging from finding information to getting me a plastic bag of ice when I hurt my knee. I'll definitely stay there next time I visit.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

This is a good hotel if you'd like a great location. It is right in the middle of town and very central to all the sites. The staff was friendly, room clean, and the breakfast was good.

My only concern was the size of the room. My wife and I and our 12 year old daughter were placed in a triple that was really only meant for two people. A bit cramped. It didn't help that we were in Lausanne during a heat wave and it seems that many hotels do not have AC, so you might want to consider a different hotel if you have problems with the heat.

Date of stay: June 2017