Nice familly style hotel with good location in the middle of town. Walking distance from train station and one of the lifts/trains up the mountain. Friendly staff all arround, from the guy that picks you up in their electric taxi when you arrive, the ladies at the reception and the waiting staff.
We had one of the older rooms on the 3e floor, that was OK but not super for the price. Had the chance to look into one of the renewed rooms on the lower floors and that looked as if you where in a different hotel. Much more modern etc.
If you can get a good price on the rooms definitely a good choice because of location and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Walliserhof has been a second home to guests from all over the world since 1896. You can find our hotel tucked into the middle of the main street in the heart of Zermatt. Here at Hotel Walliserhof we boast the oldest authentic cheese restaurant in Zermatt. Let your appetite be inspired by our chef Christian Schubert and his team in our second restaurant, the "Grill", which serves international dishes. Come cozy up by the fire at Thedi's Coffee & Tea House and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or artisan tea. Take a break at our mini wellness or go for a work out at our partner CrossFit Zermatt. We hope to see you soon. Pernilla & Boris ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, HRS and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Walliserhof Zermatt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walliserhof Swiss q Zermatt
- Hotel Walliserhof Swiss q