All reviewscosmos tourtinned fruitstayed nightsminute walkincluded dinnersized poolon site restaurantwithin walking distancenearby mountainssmall balconygood sizeno air conditioningbus stop rightrail tourenjoyed our staycozy hotelfamily hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms have no air conditioning but windows do a good job.
Bathrooms are all renovated and very clean and rooms are fairly big.
Staff is super helpful.
The bus stop is right next to the hotel.
You can get a pass from the hotel for a ten dollar deposit (which you get back when you turn in the pass).
This pass entitles you for free public transportation (train/cable car/bus).
So you can visit the mountains for free.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights during our Cosmos tour. We were given a short briefing by the owner of the hotel who has presented a couple of short videos of St Moritz during winter and summer and an introduction of how the place came about. You can hear the pride and passion she has for St Moritz. She informed us what we could do in St Moritz with the free travel pass that came with the hotel stay. This was very much appreciated.

Hotel staff service was superb with an old world charm.

The hotel and rooms are dated. The only lift available was very small. You’ll be better off using the stairs. I believe some rooms are renovated but ours was not. There was no tea/coffee making facility in the room. It would be nice to be able to make a hot drink in your room as Switzerland is a very expensive place to eat or drink out. Bathroom was quite big but showerhead was placed midway along the long side of the tub which I found inconvenient.

Dinner in the restaurant was good. The breakfast room was however chaotic. We had 47 people in our tour group but were assigned 4 tables with about 40 seats. So many seats and tables were reserved for the rail tour group. We were not allowed to sit elsewhere and noticed that other guests (not our Cosmos group) were sitting at our assigned tables. It was a very unpleasant breakfast experience. Food was at best ok only.

I could not receive wifi in my room.

Location wise, it was a walk to the lake but a very pleasant walk with streets lined with shops and pretty quaint buildings.

Not sure if I’ll return though. Would like to try other hotels in my next visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about this hotel. The room was spacious and so was the bathroom (we had two sinks). The decor was charming. It was nice to stay in a hotel that wasn’t part of a chain (e.g Ibis or Novotel) where all the hotels are the same regardless of what city you’re in. The hotel gave us a free day pass for transport (both buses and trains) which included a cable car ride and a funicular ride to two nearby mountains. A truly excellent hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018

It was off peak season but the hotel was specially opened to our tour group that I joined. Staff was very friendly and helpful and made us felt welcome. Room is clean and adequate. I had a balcony which has a great view of the mountains. Good breakfast and dinner. Will definitely stay here again if I ever go back to St Moritz.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

It doesn't get better than this. Chock full of character. Rooms airy and light. Facilities are all kept to a high standard. Even though we were there in Shoulder season it didn't make a difference. The staff are super helpful. The food was very good. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo