Cresta Palace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Celerina
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed every minute we spent at the Cresta Palace Hotel during our 2-night stay. Perhaps a bit old-fashioned to some, personally I found the hotel elegant and classy. Despite the long history, I could feel that high level of effort has been put into the hotel maintenance. It is spotless clean and there are fresh orchids everywhere. I partially liked the winter garden. It is my favorite spot to enjoy the daily complimentary cake buffet.

We got to use the wellness area, which is spotless clean and well-equipped. Our room was extremely spacious, and the complimentary mini bar with non-alcoholic drink is a big plus. The only funny thing was the outdated hair dryer. I couldn't really dry my hair with it; but this is not an issue.

Breakfast buffet was great, with wide selection of food and beverages. We had dined at the Giacomo's Ristorante in the hotel on the first night and decided to go back again the next evening because the food was simply delicious.

Last but not least, front desk and restaurant staffs were very friendly and professional. If I ever will be in the area again, CPH will definitely be my first choice again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BL572

Reviewed 21 March 2017

This is a first-class hotel - at a reasonable cost - in the Engadine (South East Switzerland). The word reasonable of course is problematic for those using £ sterling given the weakness of the currency and the strength of the Swiss Franc. Nevertheless it is well worth the stay, especially booking half board as the dinner is not only of exceptional quality but plentiful too. There is a wonderful atmosphere to this place with many traditional features. The staff at this hotel also go that extra mile to make you feel at home. The wellness centre is of a very high standard and is a welcome place to relax after a day's ski-ing.

Room Tip: Both north & south sides have their own advantages. All seem to be to a good to high standard.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirchy
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We really had a pleasant stay at Cresta Palace Hotel. The hotel has a convinient location under the ski slope. Also the bus stop is right infront of the hotel. The room (112) was spacious, comfortable and immaculate, with a really comfortable bed. The room had a terrace outsite with great view. On both nights we had dinner at the hotel restaurant Giacomo's. The food was outstanding and service very friendly. The reception staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. It is a perfectly managed hotel offering flawless service.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank nikam0r
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Oh my! How do I begin?! Well, to start off they were very kind with the e-mail exchange we had when booking the room. I wrote asking if I had to print out the confirmation and sign it and scan it and return it and they said no no....my email was enough confirmation and they were looking forward to our visit. When we arrived (after a 5 1/2 motorcycle drive and looking dreadful) they were very welcoming and the director came out of his office to greet us personally. Myriam, the delightful receptionist, showed us to our amazing deluxe room. Truffles, fresh flowers, and fruit awaited us in the pristine and very big room. We just LOVED the huge bed and the separate shower and bath and toilet (all separate!) We even had a walk-in closet! After a marvelous couple of hours in their pool/spa area we had dinner in their restaurant. The maitre d was charming and the food was excellent. He did an outstanding job making crèpe suzette for the table behind us. What a show! The next morning was my hubby's birthday. What did we find?! Our breakfast table was decorated with glittering words of happy birthday AND a birthday card hand written by the director. Wow! This is definitely a first for us! That early evening I asked the nice young man at the reception if he would call the restaurant across the street to let us know it's my husband's birthday and would they please make a surprise dessert for him? He readily agreed and everything was perfect that evening. When we got back to our room that evening there was a cake awaiting us to make my husband's birthday finish very sweetly. And if this wasn't enough, ditzy me, I left my phone charging cords in the drawer next to the bed. When I wrote and asked them to pleeeeeeease send them to me and add the bill cost of shipping they said, we will gladly send you the cords but no, there won't be a bill inside. It's our pleasure. Wow! I can't recommend this hotel enough. Not only is it beautiful inside and out but the entire staff was warm and welcoming. Oh, and don't let me forget the hot stone massage! I can't remember the young woman's name but she did a great job and helped make our trip perfect. Thank you, Cresta Palace! THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Stayed in this wonderful Hotel for the world Cup Ski in St Moritz. What a nice hotel with excellent service. The service you expect in these kinds of Hotels. Drinks in the bar are served with small snacks. They where so tasteful.
The rooms have beautiful views on the mountains. We had super blue skies that made the view even better !!
The Spa, swimming pool area was super nice After a long day and enjoy the spa is great!
Breakfast is enormous and a huge choice

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celerina
0.4 km away
4.7 km away
Hotel Walther
Hotel Walther
#5 of 21 in Pontresina

Been to Cresta Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!