All in One Hotel Inn Lodge(Celerina)(Great Value!)
US$144
Chesa Muragl(Celerina)
TripAdvisor
Sportlerzimmer(Celerina)
Agoda.com
All reviewshalf boardvery nice hotelbreakfast buffetst moritzthe busspaskiingsnowchampagnealternativesmountainsswissregionhairdryerswitzerland
Reviewed 21 March 2017

This is a first-class hotel - at a reasonable cost - in the Engadine (South East Switzerland). The word reasonable of course is problematic for those using £ sterling given the weakness of the currency and the strength of the Swiss Franc. Nevertheless it is well worth the stay, especially booking half board as the dinner is not only of exceptional quality but plentiful too. There is a wonderful atmosphere to this place with many traditional features. The staff at this hotel also go that extra mile to make you feel at home. The wellness centre is of a very high standard and is a welcome place to relax after a day's ski-ing.

Room Tip: Both north & south sides have their own advantages. All seem to be to a good to high standard.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirchy
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We really had a pleasant stay at Cresta Palace Hotel. The hotel has a convinient location under the ski slope. Also the bus stop is right infront of the hotel. The room (112) was spacious, comfortable and immaculate, with a really comfortable bed. The room had a terrace outsite with great view. On both nights we had dinner at the hotel restaurant Giacomo's. The food was outstanding and service very friendly. The reception staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. It is a perfectly managed hotel offering flawless service.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank nikam0r
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Oh my! How do I begin?! Well, to start off they were very kind with the e-mail exchange we had when booking the room. I wrote asking if I had to print out the confirmation and sign it and scan it and return it and they said no no....my email was enough confirmation and they were looking forward to our visit. When we arrived (after a 5 1/2 motorcycle drive and looking dreadful) they were very welcoming and the director came out of his office to greet us personally. Myriam, the delightful receptionist, showed us to our amazing deluxe room. Truffles, fresh flowers, and fruit awaited us in the pristine and very big room. We just LOVED the huge bed and the separate shower and bath and toilet (all separate!) We even had a walk-in closet! After a marvelous couple of hours in their pool/spa area we had dinner in their restaurant. The maitre d was charming and the food was excellent. He did an outstanding job making crèpe suzette for the table behind us. What a show! The next morning was my hubby's birthday. What did we find?! Our breakfast table was decorated with glittering words of happy birthday AND a birthday card hand written by the director. Wow! This is definitely a first for us! That early evening I asked the nice young man at the reception if he would call the restaurant across the street to let us know it's my husband's birthday and would they please make a surprise dessert for him? He readily agreed and everything was perfect that evening. When we got back to our room that evening there was a cake awaiting us to make my husband's birthday finish very sweetly. And if this wasn't enough, ditzy me, I left my phone charging cords in the drawer next to the bed. When I wrote and asked them to pleeeeeeease send them to me and add the bill cost of shipping they said, we will gladly send you the cords but no, there won't be a bill inside. It's our pleasure. Wow! I can't recommend this hotel enough. Not only is it beautiful inside and out but the entire staff was warm and welcoming. Oh, and don't let me forget the hot stone massage! I can't remember the young woman's name but she did a great job and helped make our trip perfect. Thank you, Cresta Palace! THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Stayed in this wonderful Hotel for the world Cup Ski in St Moritz. What a nice hotel with excellent service. The service you expect in these kinds of Hotels. Drinks in the bar are served with small snacks. They where so tasteful.
The rooms have beautiful views on the mountains. We had super blue skies that made the view even better !!
The Spa, swimming pool area was super nice After a long day and enjoy the spa is great!
Breakfast is enormous and a huge choice

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Our stay at the Cresta Palace ranked right up there as one of our favorite hotel stays anywhere in Europe. From the moment we arrived (when, unbeknownst to us, our bags were whisked up to our room as we were saying goodbye to friends who had dropped us off), this was a top notch experience.

Our room (212) was listed as a single room deluxe but actually was huge, with several large built-in closets lining a hallway leading to the large bedroom with a desk and sitting area and a view of the nearby mountains. The bed was a very comfortable and modern king-sized bed, and there were two bathrooms in the suite: one full bath with a shower and bidet, and one half bath with a toilet and sink. Overall, the space was luxuriously big, even for two people.

We chose the half board option and had our meals either in the main dining room or in Giacomo's restaurant on the other side of the lobby. The breakfast buffet in the main dining room was fairly large and good, and the setting was grand: white tablecloths and napkins, silver utensils, and large chandeliers. Giacomo's was much smaller, had lots of natural wood touches, and had a much cozier feel. Food in both rooms was very good, although service was a bit inconsistent (nothing terrible, just a couple of language barrier/misunderstandings and some long stretches between dinner courses).

We also enjoyed spending time in the elegant, yellow marble hall where a pianist played pop, jazz, or show tune standards each evening (also during the late afternoon on some days) and where a server served up drinks. We also spent time reading or just enjoying the view of the mountains in the lovely sun room.

Finally, front desk service was generally excellent (Kevin and Christin were especially helpful and had good suggestions for hiking or visiting local museums).

All in all, this was quite a grand "palace," and we would love to come back here on a future trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a single room deluxe facing the mountains -- it's a luxuriously big room, even for two people.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple