“Loved the views and felt so safe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hang Gliding Interlaken

Hang Gliding Interlaken
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Interlaken
More attraction details
Owner description: HANG GLIDING INTERLAKEN specializes in Tandem flights for the adventure seeking traveler for over 15 years. If you want a smooth gliding flight, or a heart stopping thrill ride with Dives, Stalls and Wingovers, their expert Pilots will give you what you want!
Melbourne
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loved the views and felt so safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I am not really much of an adventurer but my daughter and her husband had hanglided in Interlaken 2 years before we went and had highly recommended so and I though " Why not?"

Visited December 2010

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Bernie and Ed were very kind and funny. Bernie picked us up at Interlaken train station @ 9am. We finished the trip at around 11:00. The flight only lasted for about 20-25minutes but the experience was AMAZING.. It was really scary at the beginning of the flight. we got to place of about 200m+ above the ground. I was supposed to run toward the cliff, jumped over and trusted the glider was strong enough to support my & Bernie's weight.. We took plenty of photos. Bernie kept talking and gave lots of funny comments during the flight to keep me comfortable. He was kind enough to fly me over the lake.. There is nothing as enjoying beautiful as deep blue water, white waves 200m below you. My wife loves the experience as well. Definitely a MUST for anyone visit Interlaken..

Visited September 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience with knowledgeable staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is a MUST DO when visiting the Interlaken area. Absolutely the best view of the Alps. Bernie and Ed took great care of us, even as my friend and I were both very nervous. These guys know what they're doing and have fun doing it!

Ottawa, Ontario
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Best experience to life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I went to Interlaken, Switzerland in order to spend some time in nature and do a few activities. I booked my hang gliding flight thru my hostel and right after booking, I kept thinking I was completely out of my mind to be doing this. Truth be told, I am afraid of height. I spent the whole day prior to my flight being extremely scared and second-guessing my choice of activity. Turns out, hang gliding was one of my best experiences to life and am SO happy of my choice.

I had the very first flight of the day and got picked up on time. I was VERY nervous and shared this with Bernie. He made a few jokes and didn’t really give me any time to over think my decision. Next thing I knew, I was helping putting the equipment together and we were running down a hill together!

During the flight, he took pictures, made comments, made sure I was secured and enjoyed my flight. He also had some tunes set up on his phone to make the flight more enjoyable. Being up there is completely surreal. Thinking about it now, two months later, even seems like it was all a dream. It was such beautiful scenery… and I felt safe the whole time. Even though you are only in the air for approximately 15 minutes, you really get to take it all in. At one point, Bernie showed me a preview of the “roller coaster stunts” that he could do for people looking for an “adrenaline ride” as well. I personally was pleased simply enjoying the fresh air and take it all in at a relaxing pace but it’s nice to know that someone looking for a rush could get it as well!

I was greeted at the bottom with a beer after my flight – and Bernie added a short video of the landing to the picture of CD I had purchased (totally worth it) as a bonus.

I am extremely satisfied with the service I got. I would recommend hang gliding to anyone – whether you enjoy crazy rides or not, whether you’re comfortable with heights or not. It was truly a wonderful experience and I would do it again at any time.

Note: Bring "CASH" with you. My hostel had not advised me of that we had to make a little detour to a cash machine on our way back.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Anikabella
Gatineau, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING and breath taking experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Hang-gliding in Interlaken was an exceptional experience. Being able to enjoy a smooth yet exhilarating ride in one activity is absolutely wonderful! A pleasure in every way; thrilling, beautiful landscape, and absolutely awesome staff members; lots of fun, safe and very experienced. Don't miss out if you're around the area!

Visited October 2011