Lowest prices for your stay
US$297
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$297
TravelocityUS$277
FindHotelUS$283
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

I booked early in 2020, COVID hit the world, we were not allowed to travel to the EU in the Summer. Our flights were cancelled in June, we tried to rebook, we were not permitted. I informed them the 1st week of July that we would not be allowed to come and how disappointed we were and if they could please just send us a refund. They refused and said it wasn't their problem and that I booked a non-refundable rate and that's that. I cannot tell you how RUDE and nasty the manager and owner were -- and they STILL refuse to give us our $1,400 back. This is theft. BUYER BEWARE. The Swiss chamber of commerce should please do something about this. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Thank you.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank jmalichio
Reviewed 21 November 2020

All was Great. Wonderful place in the snow whereas the village is in green. And to close your day with children, you finish with a sledge party and you leave your equipment in front of the hotel at the gondola stop.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and enjoyed every moment. Rooms are nice and clean and recently renovated which isn’t always the case in Switzerland. The restaurant and wine list including Swiss wines are fabulous. Staff are super friendly and the location is perfect if you don’t need to spend your evening in the Grindelwald scene. Only downside was the fact that the TV wasn’t working which isn’t usually a problem in a spot like this but with 110km/h per hour winds and rain it would’ve been nice.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2020

I could not tell you how much my husband and I cherished our time here! The view from our parking spot was unreal. The scenic photo is from stepping out of our car upon arrival! The room was comfortable, the view from our bed was superb, and we loved opening the windows at night to let the cool mountain air in. You could here the distant waterfall and faint cowbells all night. Idealistic is the best word. The staff was so friendly, and the food was excellent! We’ve tried to recreate the lovely breakfast we enjoyed, but we just cannot get it right in the states. What separates this hotels from others in this town is that it’s perched higher up in the mountain at the first lift stop. You’re high enough to get uninterrupted views, but still connected by the lift to both the the center of the town and the First.
We are celebrating a big anniversary next year, and if travel is opened back up we will plan to return to this wonderful hotel! I’ve never missed a place as much as I miss them!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2020

Disclaimer > I have yet to stay at the hotel, and my feedback is solely based on my interactions with the hotel staff Ms Claudia Brawand via email

I first heard of this hotel via friends' feedback and Booking.com recommendations. Having booked the hotel via Booking.com for June 2020, I submitted a request to enquire on the availablity of ensuite toilets (given that this would be my honeymoon) for their rooms. I was curtly told that these rooms were reserved for "guests who book directly with us via our website" which I suppose is fine, the owners of this hotel have every right to make their own rules. But the manner of the entire reply felt somewhat angry, as if I was wrong to book via booking.com and was now a 2nd class guest who was a lower priority

Subsequently, in light of the recent COVID 19 outbreak, my Government has all but banned overseas travel for all Singaporeans. A travel advisory was specifically issued against Switzerland. As a medical doctor who works directly with COVID 19 patients, I was asked to suspend all overseas leave requests till December 2020 earliest.

I relayed these latest changes and information to Alpinbort, hoping for some understanding and perhaps at least a partial refund or flexible rebooking rules. Instead, I was told that I would have the "flexibility" to rebook up till October 2020 (When I had already specified that I have been essentially banned for overseas travel till December 2020). Any further bookings at latter dates after October 2020 would incur "additional charges" which were not stipulated

I was told to refer to my travel insurance (which by the way does not cover COVID related cancellations), and that they would have to strictly abide by the non refundable clause

Whilst I understand that everyone is suffering immensely from this COVID outbreak, I am sorely disappointed at this business-like response which has been totally lacking in empathy and flexibility. While I definitely intend to travel to Switzerland in the not so distant future once this outbreak subsides, I will never place a booking with Alpinbort again

Date of stay: April 2020