Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews train station great view hotel guests mountains balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2020

Having spent all the public holidays in lockdown so far this year, I really wanted to get away for the June weekend. The hotel itself had just reopened the day before we arrived - and everyone was so friendly and welcoming.
We were upgraded on check-in to a room with amazing views of the Eiger - and when I come here again, I'll be booking this room type again for sure - it's really worth it. So lovely to sit on the balcony in the evening with a glass of wine and just look at the mountains - it was like being reborn after so many weeks at home.
The restaurant is excellent - very nice breakfast (gloves were provided as part of the covid-protection measures) - good coffee! We also tried the set menu one evening - all four courses were delicious (even better that I was finally eating something that I didn't make myself!) - and very good value for this part of the world.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Grindelwald - and its less than 2 minutes walk from the train station.

Room tip: Choose high up room with the Eiger views.
Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank SwisschickBasel
Reviewed 7 April 2020 via mobile

Stayed here about 2 weeks before the lockdown. This is a great hotel, located 2 mins walk from the bus and train station, but far enough up the hill to not get any noise at night. The rooms were immaculately clean, warm and comfortable with stunning views of the village and mountains. The in house restaurant is excellent, we didn’t do half board but ate from the a la carte and were really impressed - they organised a fondue for us one night and it was really good. All the staff were very friendly and I really couldn’t say anything negative about this place. It’s not Uber luxury but is a very good quality 3* family run hotel.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Had a wonderful stay at this cozy hotel which is located at stone's throw away from the train station. Very hospitable, especially Thomas was a delight to chat with. Breakfast was great and I loved the croissants! The view of the mountains from the balcony was amazing! Would love to be back!

Room tip: take the rooms facing the mountains, you wont regret it!
Date of stay: December 2019
189631, Inhaber at Hotel Restaurant Alpina Grindelwald, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Thank you very much for your review. Your are always warmly welcome to your Alpina and Grindelwald. Sunny ragrds from the EIGER-valley. Thomas

Reviewed 1 December 2019

The hotel was clean, nice, inexpensive, and only a two-minute walk from the train station. But the best part was the owner and host, Thomas, who couldn't have been nicer or more hospitable. I left early both mornings, before breakfast was open, to go climbing, so he kindly made me hot chocolate and breakfast -- and then also packed me lunch both days! Then, when I came back in the middle of the afternoon after a hard day of climbing, he gave me bread and a Coke Zero -- and didn't charge me extra for any of this!

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 2 October 2019

This hotel is just beside the Grindelwald main station and a our room with the balcony ensured that we just enjoyed the beauty of Grindelwald from the room itself. As serene as the place can be, the hotel has lived up to its name as well. Clean rooms, nice comfortable beds, a tea maker (a life saver) ! One thing requires a special mention and that is the restaurant which serves lip smacking food, delicious !!
The breakfast buffet is disappointing to be honest with not much variety.

Date of stay: September 2019