Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2021 via mobile

We were travelling with friends and both our families were upgraded to a suite on the top floor. Nice touch from the very nice owner of the hotel. She and her staff were extremely friendly, going the extra mile to make sure that we had a nice stay.

This property is your typical solid Swiss mountain hotel. The views on the Eiger from the rooms are wonderful.

The restaurant was closed because we were off peak season. Yet a very good breakfast buffet was still offered.

Room tip: Extremely convenient parking right in front of the hotel
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Swissworld_traveller
Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

Hotel Alpenhof attracts with it's traditional swiss flair, and is for sure one of the best ones in Grindelwald. Unfortunately, during my stay the sauna was not working, and also otherwise the hotel seemed to be running only partially. There were only a few other guests in addition to me, and it was easily noticed that for example the cleanliness of the hotel was not on the level that so many other guests are referring to in their reviews. A loose thread on the room floor, dusty backside of the bathroom door, empty soap dispenser in the shower.... Almost too small things to even be mentioned, but I have a feeling that normally these things are taken care of. Like the headline says, "under current circumstances", Mr Payne is wishing Hotel Alpenhof a speedy recovery and better times ahead

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrPayne
Reviewed 12 September 2019

The hotel offer pick up from Grindelwald station helped as there is a slope where you have to walk from station and definitely won't want to carry you suitecase to climb the slope.

Nice view of Mount Eiger and hotel deco is very traditional and cozy. Good breakfast and they even serve Asian Instant Noodle!

Room tip: Most rooms with good balcony view of Eiger
Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank Gloriaecoli
Reviewed 7 September 2019

The rooms were good, well appointed and clean. The hotel location is convenient for walking into town. My only observation is that I would have expected the road outside to be relatively quiet, being a dead-end with very few houses beyond. But traffic continued regularly all through the night, and I had a road-facing room. But the hotel and restaurant were good.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed 26 July 2019

I stayed here with my partner and this place was amazing. Beautiful views, incredible breakfast and the hotel staff are super friendly and helpful. I proposed to my girlfriend while in Grindelwald and the staff made us feel very special

Date of stay: July 2019