See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2016

The extremely positive reviews I read here are suspiciously over the top. The place is nice, but it is very much like a rehabilitation center for seniors. The rooms are clean, well enough furnished, and mine had a nice view (albeit over an adjoining roof) to the lake and nearby Alps. The breakfast buffet was fine and well-stocked and the service was friendly. It was just odd having a lot of elderly and slightly out-of-it people also having breakfast nearby and vacantly hanging out in the lobby and other areas. Not very "vacationy" feeling. There were nice walking trails nearby. While I don't have substantial complaints - it was clean, quiet, well-staffed and had free parking, if I were to do it again, I would have found something closer to central Lucerne where I could have explored more.

Room tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Travel_Dude1
Reviewed 16 July 2016

My son and I stayed here one night during our 3-week trip to Europe and were very pleased and impressed. The view is superb, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is superb. Can't wait to return!

Room tip: Request a room with a lake view.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This property is above the fray of Lucerne, and the view is wonderful. The breakfast is simple and well prepared. Your coffee or tea is served with white gloves, I don't see this at every hotel. They even provide transportation from the Bahnhoff at 40 minutes past the hour.

Room tip: If you want an out of the normal experience, this give this a try
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Kurhotel Sonnmatt at Lucerne for 1 day.

It was the most beautiful hotel with extraordinary service and breathtaking view of Swiss Alps and the Lucerne lake right from their gardens.

The hotel is situated in outskirts but is very well connected by public transport.
We travelled by bus to the nearest stop. There is little hike and about 500 m walk on a ascent road till you reach the hotel.

Be mindful of you have lot of luggage, we just had 2 small bags so there was no problem. And we checked in to the hotel after a tiring day with nowhere else to go, so it suited perfectly well.

If you're are looking for some quiet time with a wonderful service, don't miss.

The food in their restaurant is really delicious.. especially desserts.

Also, it's tad expensive.. please check before booking.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this place for 2 nights in May 2016. Our first impression was that this was a health resort or rehab centre for the elderly. You can feel hospital smell in the corridor and most staff here dress like a nurse. I didn't feel very comfortable to stay in a medical institution for my holiday in Lucerne. The hotel claimed itself as 4 star but there is no hot water kettle in the room. When we asked for hot water, they gave us a jug which was full of coffee smell.

But anyway, the bed is very comfortable and the room is clean. Breakfast here is very good with hot boiled egg, ham, cheese, fruit, etc. The view from the hotel is also very good and the hotel offers free parking.

Date of stay: May 2016