“Jill is a great cook!”
Review of Jill's Burgers

Jill's Burgers
Ranked #131 of 441 Restaurants in Lucerne
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Conveniently located on the water's edge by Chapel Bridge. Great burgers, outside seating as well as inside, professional staff, reasonably priced for Lucerne.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This place was round the corner from out hotel and we came across it by accident. Surprised at some if the poorer reviews from our visit tonight. I had veggi burger husband had the classic plus chips and thought it was really nice and inexpensive. Decent wine and beer too. Really varied mix of customers - large Indian family, Germans with small children, young and older couples, all seemed to be well looked after.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Our experience was similar to another reviewer....we found the meat to be really strange. Strange texture and strange taste. It wasn't what we were expecting and it was VERY overcooked. I was really wanting to like this place but unfortunately I was disappointed. I think we are very spoiled in the US with some REALLY good burger places on every corner these days.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

This place had been open for about a week when I dropped in for dinner as it was near my hotel. I would not go back.

They have a little trick when you order because they ask you whether you want fries with your burger. So you say yes. I mean after all it's a burger, of course you want fries. And then you end up paying them extra money for a separate serve of fries because they don't tell you that the burger already comes with fries. It's not written on the menu that the burgers come with fries. Every single table of people speaking English that I saw (and heard, obvs), had these extra servings of unnecessary fries. Nice way to get money out of tourists. I certainly wouldn't have ordered extra fries if they'd bothered to mention that the burger already came with fries.

As to the burger itself (cheapest burger is CHF15 by the way), the meat patty was weird as if it was minced up Swiss sausage or something, and there was way too much mustard. I mean *way* too much.

Burger, (extra) fries and a mineral water cost me AUD40, which is just hilarious by Australian standards and is pushing it even by expensive Swiss standards.

The best I can say about this place is that the food arrived quickly.

2  Thank Anna678
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Restaurant is right on the water, looking at the bridge, so perfect location. And the burgers are great - I got the Texas burger, which I highly recommend. And the cost was pretty reasonable for Luzern standards - would definitely go back

1  Thank Andrew A