“Au coin du Bar is one of the best wine bars in Geneva”
Review of AU Coin du Bar

AU Coin du Bar
Ranked #457 of 1,774 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2016

A great little wine bar with typical brasserie food and some revisited classics. An excellent wine selection from classic Swiss and European vineyards as well as some delightful new discoveries from smaller bio properties. The Foie Gras is to die for as is the Cote de Boeuf, 400grams of pure grilled pleasure. the lasagna is also great.

A great place for both a business lunch, as well as a romantic night out or a fun night out with friends.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior, Au Coin du Bar is actually a decent sized restaurant with traditional French bistrot decor inside and Geneva's best kept secret a cigar room downstairs... where you can have your digestive and enjoy a nice cigar indoors in the confines of this restaurant. Probably the only restaurant with such feature in Geneva. Food, service and wine selection are all excellent.

2  Thank genevatopreviewer
Reviewed 19 December 2015

A good friend of mine recommended me this bistro type restaurant. I was quite surprised by the level of prices which did not really matched the cheap atmosphere of the place.
We began by a very decent foie gras made in house accompanied by a salad just a little overdressed.
My lasagna was good, not delicious, but no complain about it. Maybe overpriced, although it is the cheapest entrée you'll find on the menu.
My partner fish was not bad, but really too dry. She needed the addition of lemon and olive oil so it could be eatable.
Service: the minimum. Basically none. Had to ask several times for the same things: ice, water…
One more thing, and this is incredible. When I got the check, I slipped my Amex card and they refused it. So I offered a VISA. At that moment, they showed me a little sign which is put on every single table and says: "NO CREDIT CARDS - MRS., MR., DEAR FRIENDS - FOR TECHNICAL REASONS WE CANNOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARDS OR ANY OTHER DEBIT CARD, ETC...
We were told it was a temporary problem, but that's definitely a lie: the note is very well prepared and plastified. It's there for a long time. No doubt.
My doubt is: can we believe that in the 21st century, restaurants not admitting credit cards can still survive?
Unless they'd offer an amazing level of gastronomy, I could admit it, otherwise they're bound to disappear.
Au Coin du Bar does offer high prices but serves only an average level of food.
My advise: AVOID IT!

3  Thank Jean Claude L
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Go see Vincent and his amazing team at Au Coin du Bar for a proper Geneva experience. We always sit at the bar, order the same thing and let Vincent choose our wines. Also... ask him about the cave ;-)

1  Thank Harriet H
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Whenever I am in Geneva I always try to come here. It is not a big place and a reservation is a must. Lunch is always a buzz and it is popular with business people. The menu is extensive and all the dishes have a "home cooked" touch to them. The Foie Gras is always of top quality and the Tartare de Boeuf too. Baked marrow is often on the lunch menu and is delicious. The main courses are always beautifully prepared. There is always a good selection of lamb and beef dishes. The choice of wines is out of this world and they are selected by the owner who has a great knowledge of local and French wines.

1  Thank alex h