Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews small sign train station an expensive city public transportation stayed one night balcony switzerland receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

The hotel i got was generally clean , large with a beautiful view outside, a lot of charging stations and internet was fast.

I have a few gripes though, restroom is tiny, you can’t take a bath without holding the shower head. The room smells freshly painted, lastly breakfast was lacking.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Breindeldad
Reviewed 11 December 2019

My friend booked us a 2 bedroom at the hotel 4. I like the location of the hotel, not the best hotel but good enough since Switzerland is expensive

I am writing this specifically because of our experience with someone at the front desk. I found out her name was Theresa. We bought a train/bus ticket for 8 swiss franc each, to go around geneva. Then at least 3 people we meet along the way told us that the hotel was suppose to give us a city pass which we can use for free to take public transportation. The lady named Theresa, that checked us in,never offered them to us. Let's say she forgot BUT my friends the next day approach her at the front desk to get directions and recommendations of places to go. Again she never offerred the pass. I am so upset that she didn't officer to us the privilege Geneva gives their hotel visitors in the city. And she was never in good spirit when she checked, the rest of the front desk staff we encountered were nice and accommodating.
I don't write reviews but this experience stood out to me as really poor customer service. Oh and I heard she was the manager of the hotel. Way to present it, not a good sign

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2019

It is a hotel in an old historic building, just a small sign on outside with a tiny reception area, but location was great and one can walk from the main train terminal.
Our room is clean, decent size with a balconey overlooking the water. Bathroom has old stain but is functional. Front desk people was nice and continental breakfast was fresh and very good. Since Geneva is an expensive city, this hotel has great value.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 2 May 2019

They cost my money since i cancel the order from 4 month ago, and never refund my money this is terrible , and i message the hotel, they didn't reply, since one month past, they never give my money back , very bad service and manners ! I don't think they have good service in hotel after they did this? !!! remember what i said !! they only want your money , they eager for cost guest money first then don't help anything, this horrible attitudes !!!! I don't recommend this hotel since there are many nice hotels in Swiss, seriously

Room tip: dont choose this hotel ! very bad manner
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2019

The stay in the hotel was pleasant and it was worth the money. But my rating of 4 is given starting from the point of low expectations due to the low price. Since his is Geneva, Switzerland, where all prices are just crazy, Des Tourelles is a low cost choice.
Now, for a budget traveler, the conditions are good. But if you are looking for a fancy place, you should open your pocket wider.
Here are a few goods and not so goods about this hotel:
Not so good:
- squeaking floor
- no sound isolation, you hear everything in the neighboring rooms.
- tiny bathroom built inside the room. Still usable though.
- breakfast goes only till 9. but nobody tells you that when you check in. So at 9:20 the lady who was both receptionist and breakfast coordinator asked with surprised eyes how can she help. No offer to give you a croissant and a coffee too go, since they were cleaning the tables, no smile, no compassion. You are late, in Switzerland. Go buy a watch, maybe.
- next morning, the breakfast room was overcrowded and the two ladies were not coping to bring enough food. Didn't seem to hurry either. Small plateau of ham, disappeared seconds after it was brought and lasted long to be refilled (at some point I think they gave up). Small bread and croissant baskets, kept emptying fast and needed to wait for refill. Really, if the room is to small and the serving has limited capacity, at least extend the time of the breakfast. At least in the weekend it could be 10, not 9.

Good:
- the position is central, you can walk in 10 minutes to the water jet and in 15 to the Saint Pierre Cathedral
- the TV sound is limited so it cannot go to loud and disturb the neighbors.
- the receptionists are nice and helpful (except that they didn’t tell us at check-in about the breakfast)
- the room was clean and everything was functioning well
- the mini-croissants were tasty, once you got them, and the coffee was pretty good too.
- if you are lucky you get a view to the river

Room tip: Ask for a room with view to the river. Breakfast is only till 9 am. Don't be late!
Date of stay: April 2019