All reviews rooftop bar mirror bar old town flower clock jardin anglais steam shower lake view room jet d'eau lake geneva english garden pillow menu perfect location beautiful room beautiful hotel public areas breakfast buffet junior suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had such a wonderful experience at the hotel Metropole. The location is great. You can walk out the door and are surrounded by the best shopping. Everything you would want to do is a short walk from the hotel. The accommodations were new and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. They gave us the best recommendations for food and shopping and arranged every ride, reservation etc. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Seaside700905
GM_Hotel_Metropole, Digital Marketing Executive at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Seaside700905,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us and especially our convenient location as well as the recommendations provided by our friendly staff.

Have a lovely day,

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Had change in travel plans and needed to check out one day earlier than planned. Finalized check out at 10am but was still charged for full two days. Not acceptable for a Hotel that should accomodate business travellers

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank christianmQ7969VQ
GM_Hotel_Metropole, Director of Rooms at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear christianmQ7969VQ,

Thank you for sharing on this website.

After having looked into the matter I can confirm that the terms and cancellation policy of your particular booking (through a third-party-website and not directly with us) did not allow for the last-minute cancellation you had requested. Indeed "25 hours prior to arrival" would have allowed for it, and their penalty for similar last-minute-cancellations clearly states "1 night stay + taxes".

We do indeed value the business traveler and do manage to be competitively flexible, however in this case it would have been a matter to bring up with the internet website through which you had made the booking.

In the future do not hesitate to contact me directly (on r.mukarji@metropole.ch) to ensure a more personalized stay with us.

Kind regards from Geneva,

Raphaël Mukarji | Director of Rooms

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Returning to Geneva for a week's holiday, my selection of hotel this time is the Metropole Hotel Geneva, located on Rue Du Rhone, the famous luxury brands street. Previously I stayed at the Beau Rivage hotel, always needed to walk over the bridge or take the lake ferry boat to go across. The hotel has a traditional flair, one side overlooking the garden and lake, the back side, Rue Du Rhone. I must shared with travelers intending to book this hotel, the Gusto Italian restaurant is a hidden assets of the hotel. I used to go outside and look for dinner every night in Geneva and then walking back to hotel. This restaurant, with inside or outside seating provided me with superb food every night. The Best is the Dish of the Day, prepared according to the Chef's choice. Like they said, never a dull moment. They can even prepare what you like or omit what you don't like. Come to price, believe me, I ate there every night and more than happy when I leave.. The rooms are comfortably furnished. Even offer a menu selection of choice of pillows, this, I have never heard of. Metropole Hotel want travelers to have the best sleep. So thoughtful..

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank IanM20152015

Dear IanM,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this site, and I am very happy to share it with the teams internally, specifically the Gusto restaurant.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the new year and till then, we wish you wonderful end of year festivities.

Kind regards from Geneva,

Raphaël Mukarji | Director of Rooms

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

It is a high level hotel with an excellent service and perfect location. They upgrade our room to "river side" without adding payment. The breakfast was very good and the only problem was that it was written that they have spa (that you have to pay for - but useually you have to pay for spa) and they do not have a spa at the hotel but they recomend on a spa nearby and we do not like it... but all the rest was perfect

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_Hotel_Metropole, Digital Marketing Executive at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Shaul,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our convenient location as well as our lakeside room.

We would like to apologize for the spa misunderstanding as, indeed, we do not offer an on-site spa.

Have a lovely day

Reviewed 24 October 2018

I spent three nights in Geneva between 21-24th of October 2019. so glad that I chose Metropole Geneva. Highest quality room, great views of the lake, sumptuous breakfast, a very helpful and engaging concierge that took care of my logistics and easy check in and check out processes. the Wifi and gym were also good. the hotel management went out of the way to ensure that my wife and I were very comfortable during our stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Anand,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our friendly staff as well as our comfortable room.

Have a lovely day