Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$178
Agoda.comUS$179
TripadvisorUS$179
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Geneva for one night before catching a bus to Chamonix the following day, so didn't much care where we stayed as long as it was clean and comfortable. The Hotel Comedie isn't a cheap hotel by Australian standards but by Swiss standards it seems to be a mid-range hotel. It is well located near the Plainpalais (and the great Saturday flea market) and very convenient to the two tram stops that take you to the bus and central train station.

We arrived late and had to buzz the locked front door, but the man on duty greeted us in a friendly manner, gave us a map of the area and two free 24-hour transport passes. Don't expect glamour as the rooms are clean but very basic. I wouldn't want to stay during a heatwave however as there is no air conditioning and if you open the windows you will not be able to sleep for the street noise. We arrived in early June and the room was already warm and stuffy but we did manage to sleep well. The next morning we mentioned the heat in the room to the lady who owned the hotel and she told us that fans were available for any guest who needed one. She said that many of Geneva's old buildings were ill equipped for the increasingly hotter summers the city was experiencing and the cost of retrofitting air conditioning was prohibitively expensive.

Breakfast was included in the tariff and was a basic but adequate Continental.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Friendly owner(Lady at the reception), friendly staff. Great location you can walk to the lake and other major tourist places. The breakfast might not be elaborate but with lot of food joints close by it doesnt really matter.

They also give the travel pass so budget travelers might actually like it because it gives you free access to public transportation. Easily accessible location, right across the tram station, close to the airport.

Good Wifi, large clean rooms. If you are looking at quite stay opt for the rooms facing away from the street. Though I personally prefer the rooms facing the street.

overall a great place to stay, felt right at home.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This hotel has a good location which enables you to explore some of the prominent places in Geneva on foot, which I did to the fullest. Upon checking in, I was greeted by a very courteous and friendly lady at the reception (the Manager) who gave me a quick intro and the do's and don'ts which are relevant to a first time visitor to Geneva (me).

The room was quite large (to my expectation) and more of an apartment style, with a separate kitchen. It isn't a very large hotel and has maybe 20 rooms at max, but is run in a family-owned and managed style establishment manner. All the staff are very welcoming and made genuine efforts to make you feel at home and comfortable.

Recommended for solo-travelers, whether for business or pleasure, who are looking for a nice, homely and economical (budget) accommodation.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Hotel Comedie looks tiny from the outside and the narrow reception inside does no favours to it either. However, first impressions can sometimes be misleading. I had a surprisingly large room (although as I would later learn, still not as big as my colleague) which contained a bath rather than a shower. I prefer a bath anyway because having to fiddle around with the shower settings is a major faff. The dining room is tiny and breakfast is a basic selection (boiled eggs, generic cereals etc.) but with a wealth of great places to eat within walking distance - committed carnivores should really check out Holy Cow - this wasn't a particularly major issue.

I did however struggle with the building's layout as different lifts may take you to the neighbouring apartment. This sounds absurd as you read my review, but ask the lady at reception (who is also worth chatting to for local insight and she will happily explain this Twilight Zone-esque anomaly to you. I stayed here for three days and oddly found myself quite attached to the old place, perhaps partly attributed to its curious charms. A pleasantly surprising experience.

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Very clean, comfortable large room. Mine looked out the back, so very quiet. Comfortable bed and large desk for working. Excellent wifi. The breakfast was more than sufficient for me with fresh from the bakery croissants and bread, and eggs if you wanted them. Great location near to everything including the tram to the train to the airport (took about 20 minutes to the airport). On the downside, there are still smoking rooms intermixed with non-smoking, so the hallway always had a stale smoke smell. Bring your own toiletries, but the towels were very good quality and sizable. The reception desk is staffed at odd times, but the staff is very nice. The breakfast staff was especially friendly.

In super-expensive Geneva, this is certainly a reliable, clean, no-frills option.

Date of stay: May 2016