1,100 results
All reviews colonial style train station nice hotel the red light district old town sister hotel three star minute walk nice bathroom convenient location non smoking room public transport quiet street star hotel main station decent size free travel card
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed at Hotel Kipling on two separate occasions while in Geneve. The first time we were in a standard room and the second we were upgraded. The standard room was fine. Nothing really exceptional here. However, good value based on the rate! The things that we liked the most were: location, breakfast, customer service. Also, the upgraded room we got was absolutely fantastic. This obviously was a rare occasion, but it was almost shocking how much nicer it was, not that the standard room isn't fine though. If you have the money, spend it on an upgraded room. I will say this...the sister restaurant that they try recommend for authentic switzerland food is very overpriced and not worth it. You can find the same elsewhere and for less money. Overall, we will stay here again if we're in Geneve and appreciated the hospitality they showed us!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the top floor if you can!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy K
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Just stopped here for one night on our way to Zermatt.

The hotel is clean and not far from the train station. However, when we ventured out for dinner, we did not particularly like where the hotel was situated and tried to walk along the Main Street, rather than the backstreet areas.

The room was very small but as we were in transit didn't mind that much. However, the next morning there was some sort of water leak and there was no water to shower (although this wasn't the hotels fault). Breakfast was poor - a poor selection of food and the staff seemed to be in chaos. Because of the water problem the hotel took the cost of breakfast off our bill.

When next in this area, would look for an hotel on the Main Street.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue82013
HotelKipling, Directeur général at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments following your stay with us here at the Kipling. Let me first of all apologize for the terrible inconvenience not having access to your shower on the morning of your departure. As you know this was due to a quite important water leak from the 3rd floor and water was going down through the rooms underneath and the kitchen..
We would be happy to welcome you back another time, in order to show you the service we are normally providing.

I thank you for your understanding and I hope you had a great time in Zermatt!

with my best regards

Maria Croci

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I wonder if the the other reviewers were paid by the hotel. I had to check out and pay extra for another hotel. Kipling is old (not in a charming way), musty, stinks of cigarettes and other people's bathroom odor, and noisy. I could not sleep because of the stuffiness, smell, and noise. To top the miserable experience, the showerhead would not stay on the holder and fell on top of my foot.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
HotelKipling, Directeur général at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Client,
I would like to thank you for your comments posted on Trip advisor following your stay with us here at the Kipling, and the time that you have taken to share your disappointment during your stay with us.

As the hotel Director of the Kipling, I would like to have the possibility to talk to you, either by phone or by email in order to fully understand your comments and feedback. If you could contact me either on the phone +41 22 544 41 90 or by email, mcroci@manotel.com I would be grateful.

Meanwhile we will control all our showerheads so that no more accidents can happen and also make sure that there is no bad smell in our bathrooms. I thank you for letting us know, your comments will help us achieve a better service throughout the year.

We would be very pleased to welcoming you back to the Kipling for your next stay in Geneva, and show you that your experience was not at all our normal service standard.

With my best regards,

Director

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stayed here for one night on my way to the French Alps this August. Geneva is an expensive city in which to stay, I opted for this hotel because it was good value and within walking distance of the train station as I needed to meet people at the airport first thing.

Its in an interesting neighbourhood, certainly not what I was expecting from Geneva. It reminded me of what parts of East London were like 5-10 years ago in some ways - felt ripe for a hipster take-over. To some it might feel a bit run down, but I actually found it one of the most interesting areas to wander around during my stay. There are lots of cheap eats near by and some interesting looking bars and cafes. Its easy to walk to the lakeside and across to the older parts of town. You're given a free public transport pass as well at check-in (offered by all hotels I believe), so can hop on a tram out to other areas.

My room was nice - lots of character which seemed to be based around the old British Raj. I'm assuming this is to do with the Kipling name. Staff were really great as well, very efficient and really friendly. I'd stay here again I think if I visit again.

Room Tip: Might be some good views the higher up you go?
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Londoner,
Thank you for your nice comments on Trip advisor following your stay with us here in August. I am very pleased to see that you actually found the area around the hotel interesting, with lots of surprising shops, bars and cafés.

The situation of the hotel is very convenient, close to the lake and the train station, both only 5 minutes away by foot.
I am also pleased to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and comfortable.

We would love to have the opportunity to see you again so please feel very welcome!

Best regards

Director

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I have stayed at Hotel Kipling several times in the past but this month, I stayed for two weeks and it was pretty good. The biggest advantage is its location - 5 minutes walk to the lake and less than a minute to the tram. It is also not far from the airport, which is again an advantage especially if you are landing in Geneva late in the evening. The only drawback is the size of the room but to compensate for that, it has a decent size balcony which is really great when you are on a long-stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fifth floor have a balcony, which is great for unwinding after a long day.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RajiPillai143

Dear client,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor after having stayed with us several times and especially after your long stay in August.
Our rooms on the 5th floor are a smaller that on the other floors, but as you well pointed out they do have a nice balcony that is very appreciated during the summer months.
Do not hesitate to ask for a room on the other floors if you need a standard size room.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!

with my best regards