3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
US$197
US$197
Free cancellation until 23/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$197
PricelineUS$197
StayForLongUS$199
1,042 results
All reviews royal manotel tram stop executive room mole public transport hotel restaurant old town coffee machine cornavin train station croissants mini bar lake chf lidl switzerland sofa slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

This hotel is great value for money and has good service. Breakfast in one’s room for no extra charge is especially appreciated. Rooms are a good size. Top floor rooms particularly good. I’ve stayed several times and will do so again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank privaaaaate
Roberta Panfilio, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2020

Dear privaaaaate,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2020 via mobile

I made a booking at the edelweiss hotel and was later advised by email that it was closed and my booking was transferred to the Royal Hotel.

The check-in was fine and my room was ok, just old and very small.

Breakfast was a joke. I seated myself and was acknowledged 5 minutes later by a waiter. After another 5 minutes he dropped off a bowl of bread and asked if i wanted tea or coffee.

He brought me some butter after 5 minutes - still frozen. Then after another 5 minutes some coffee.

About 15 minutes after this i waved him down and asked if i could order. Fried eggs and bacon please to which he said yes yes.

After i had finished the pot of coffee he came back and said no bacon was left. I asked him if he could get the chef to prepare some more.

5 minutes later he came back and said you are lucky, the chef has just arrived and is preparing your bacon now !

Another 5 minutes and another waiter brought me a ham and cheese omelette. I told him i didnt order it, i had ordered two fried eggs.

A few minutes later he brought out 2 fried eggs by themselves. I told him i had also ordered toast and bacon. He explained no bacon was left ! I told him the above story but he insisted no bacon. I asked for cooked ham instead. After 6-7 mins some chopped up ham arrived. I asked where is the toast? He apologised and said he will get some.

He then started clearing tables. My toast arrived 10 minutes later when my eggs were thoroughly cold.

The stay was ok, but the breakfast ruined the experience.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nigelh689

Dear nigelh689,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is crucial for us to achieve improvement in the quality of our service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences occured at the breakfast.

We have followed-up the points mentioned in your review.

Our Food and Beverage Manager has done a refreshment training to make avoid this from happening again.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel Royal.

Reviewed 16 March 2020

It's not a hotel you will remember for years, but it's a decent hotel. It's close to the center, so you can walk to the lake or take the public transportation. The hotel provied you with free tickets.

Room tip: As a family it's nice to use the family rooms.
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Ceren T
Roberta Panfilio, Service clients/Réception at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the hotel Royal.

We do sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to our property in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2020

I had a voucher for a night in the hotel. Unfortunately I needed to go to Austria for some months and was impossible to stay one night in Geneva.
The voucher expired in November and I contacted the hotel at the beginning of this month. It was a shock for me when they told they won't accept the voucher.
1. A voucher is not available only 1 year, this is the Swiss Law.
2. I also work in a hotel at reception and we accept also vouchers which are expired. (This is a customerfriendly handling and this guests all come back to the hotel)

I really don't understand why the front office manager dont want to accept the voucher and absolutely don't care about the Swiss Law.

We need to give a lot of recommendation for hotels near the station for business people and we make bookings for them. The Royal will definitely not be longer in the choice.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reisepeterli
Roberta Panfilio, Service clients/Réception at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2020

Dear Reisenpeterli,

We thank you for taking some time to share your comments.

We are sorry for this situation.

The voucher is a contract concluded between the buyer of the gift voucher and the seller and in your case with a specific period of validity.

Unfortunately we couldn't make exception in some particular period of the year.

We do sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to our property in the future and are avalaible for any further clarification.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Clean, decent hotel which is just a couple blocks away from Geneva main station. Restaurants and convenience stores nearby. The hotel provided us with a travel card for all public transportation, which was very useful and convenient, especially when it rained heavily on the day of our departure and we just hopped onto the tram in front of the main entrance.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!