“Gorgeous view and food! ”
Review of Savoie

Savoie
Ranked #899 of 1,734 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

What a delight. Every course was delicious. Our party of 30 had a wonderful evening. The service was attentive with quick accommodations for those with dietary restrictions. And the presentation was as lovely as the flavors! Such a fun and delicious night.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Really wonderful trip, if a tad expensive. The scenery was stunning and the boat was laid out very well so that you could enjoy your meal and see the sights.
We were assured that my vegetarian needs would be catered for quite easily when we booked but when we got on board the waiter became very agitated with me telling him that I could not eat from the set menu.
I wasn't offered any alternative to the 1st course as a replacement for the langoustine mousse offered to the other members in our group but
It seemed that my dietary needs were accommodated for by the chef for the entree, when an asparagus starter was brought out with my friends lobster.
The main course however caused quite a cafuffle when the waiter brought out the asparagus starter again!! He became very agitated when I pointed out that I had already eaten this for entree and tried to force me to eat what he had brought out!!
Thankfully my French is pretty good and I was insistent that I didn't want the same again. He swore(in French-me##e m##de m#rde!) and eventually came back with an offer for an alternative dish, veg ravioli. I accepted the offer and agreed to wait 10 minutes for it to be cooked and watched my friends eat their steak
When my main course finally arrived it consisted of a small bowl of salty veg soup with 2 squares of lasagne type pasta!!! Deconstructed ravioli? And inly 1 piece. We didn't make a fuss as were have a lovely break with friends but considering the meal cost 250CHF we were very disappointed.
Pudding was lovely though along with the Swiss wine and Prosecco and Cassis, but nothing could have outdone the lac leman scenery. Simply stunning.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We were looking for a dinner cruise as a way to experience Lake Geneva and have a nice meal at the same time. We cruised on a Thursday evening. The ride was nearly 4 hours long as you travel up around the bend of the crescent and then back. We were a bit worried about not having a reservation, but it didn't need to be a concern as there were only three other parties on board with us.

We boarded the ship and everyone was ushered upstairs where you could sit inside or enjoy the outside deck. Service was very slow, which was surprising given how few the number of people. We would have ordered another bottle of wine, except they never came back to the table to take the order. You pay for the cruise separately from the meal. For the meal you can chose from the chef's menu - prix fixe (CHF55) or à la carte. We chose the chef's menu, which was three courses and was fine, but not outstanding. We never saw any staff or servers except when the food was brought. There was never anyone to fill a drink or see if we needed anything. At the end of the night we had to go searching for someone so we could pay the bill.

Oddly, after dark, they left the lights on so it was very bright inside the ship, which made it almost impossible to see the views. You had to cup your hands against the window to see out. We have taken many night cruises before and they always dim the lights so that you can see out.

This is a great idea as Lake Geneva is beautiful and what a better way to enjoy it than having dinner while you cruise past the sights. A more reasonable price (one price for dinner and the cruise), better atmosphere (dim the lights) and serve the table occasionally and this could be a must do for anyone visiting Geneva.

Capitaine_CGN, Responsable relations publiques at Savoie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the time you took to write us. Every single one of our Customers feedback allows us to improve our service.

We have well taken note of your remark and deeply apologize that our caterer's service didn't meet your satisfaction. This does not reflect the usual quality of our service and once again we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We hope that the situation you had to face will not stop you from coming back to our services another time.

Best regards.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

The title provided by Trip Adviser is out of date as the Geneva two star (Michelin) chef no longer provides the cuisine for the gourmet cruises on the Savoie. It is now a meal provided by the chefs of the steamship line and while not the culinary standard of Chevrier still a quality meal ande not as expensive. In fact for the mid-afternoon cruise I had a plate of melon with dried ham which was excellent along with a couple of glasses of Swiss white wine and then a small plate of mixed cheeses...all for 38SF. And it was delightful to sit leisurely enjoying my light late lunch watching the lake go by and the countryside on the 2:20 departure for Yvoire in France via Nyon. I would recommend very strongly to at least take this round trip at 48SF lasting 3.5 hours..if you have not seen Yvoire then get off and take the Rhone home an hour later. (Yvoire is not to be missed..a medieval village filled with flowers and of course all kinds of tourist shops and restaurants). The Savoie was built in 1914 and is fully restored..wonderful to be able to see those powerful pistons through the open deck and through the glass floor driving those two large paddle wheels. Also no need to buy a first class ticket...the wonderful 1914 panelled dining room is on the main floor but i was able to go to the upstairs glass-walled dinning room to eat despite the second floor being first class. I prefer to sit out on the front deck or to be on the side of the ship near the paddle wheels but also as I said in the dinning room with its panoramic view. For the dinner cruise, 3 plates for 55SF plus your passage which is 48SFm akthough one can eat a la carte as well and for less...but at night one would have the spectacle of arriving back in Geneva with the jet d'eau floodlit and the city alight. Every visit to Geneva I do not miss taking a short outing on one of these venerable historic lake steamers.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

This boat used to be a fantastic place to have a great lunch or dinner on the lake. Unfortunately, Chevrier is no longer involved and prices have gone up while quality has plummeted (possibly to the bottom of the lake). The food was ok but the service was appalling. Two menus for eight (they generously brought a third one when we begged for more), the waitress was lost in space but the thing that really annoyed me was the CHF14.-- "café gourmand". One of us asked for decaf and was brought an espresso cup filled with hot water and a little bag of instant coffee (Nescafé)!!!

1  Thank ClosedCircuit