1,070 results
All reviewsle grillindoor poolview of the lakeroom servicejet d'eaufitness centermont blancvery nice hotelold townfour seasonsfountainluxuryconciergechocolatesaunaalpsdoorman
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I spent two nights at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.
Fortunately, I was there for business and not for holiday, otherwise I would have been very disappointed.
Good points: magnificent breakfast with quality and a large range of food at choice, location by the sea and very closed to the centre, lots of amenities available.
Bad points: no mobile connection from my room, big house and very impersonal, standard rooms without any view, mainly business people apart from Arabs on holiday, prostitutes waiting for clients at the bar every evening (!), 35 CHF (28 Euros) for a parking place.
I will go to another place next time.

2  Thank Olympicchampion
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Situated in a quiet lane beside the lake and a short walk from the town centre, the hotel offers views of the Jet d’eau with the Swiss Alps as backdrop. Staff was generally efficient and courteous, and were able to meet my early check-in request having arrived after a long-haul flight from India. For some reason a fax confirmed as received the night before I flew in was not traceable upon my arrival, so I spent some time fixing that between my office and the business centre/concierge desk. The box of complimentary choclolates was a nice touch, complimentary bottles of water would also be very welcome. Overall a satisfactory experience, a trifle expensive for the value delivered (which isnt unusual for Geneva) and accentuated by my trip timing around a Sotheby's auction event that weekend which made rooms hard to get anywhere.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This Hotel does not care about its guests. I was there with many colleagues none of whom had a good word to say about the place...so it was not just me left quite shocked by this wretched place. Rudeness, indifference and greed are the norm here. Tea in the room 44 swiss francs and moreover they forgot the specifically asked for milk, no tea making facilities in the room, luggage "stored securely" in the hallway by the rear exit for anyone to pinch! One colleague found a shower cap over the smoke detector and their room which was otherwise smelling of smoke! Our room stank of smoke filtering in from the adjcaent room via the locked intercommunicating door. Noisy central courtyard. The wine and tumbler glasses were removed from our room after use and not replaced, loo roll ran out, tv remote does not work, worse still there were two remotes and no info as to which did which! Slow lifts. Check in very slow and totally indifferent.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
4  Thank Jewellsverne
LadyInRedKempinski, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for selecting the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. We take all reviews seriously and greatly appreciate your feedback.

We understand your dissatisfaction and have shared your comments regarding the F&B, Housekeeping and Concierge with our Department Heads concerned.

We sincerely apologize for the fact that your experience fell way short of your expectations. We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove to you that we can much better serve you with your Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva needs and to welcome you back to our hotel under more favorable auspices.

Best regards,
Guest Relation Management

Reviewed 10 May 2011

We had a very good deal having booked through Jetsetter, otherwise we would not have stayed here.

The lobby is rather off putting with low claustrophobic ceiling and bland colour scheme, as were the unwelcome sleazy stares from the various dirty money loitering about (but then that's just Geneva).

However the rooms are spacious and inoffensive. Wonderful marble bathroom the size of a normal hotel room. Huge, very comfortable bed with quality linen and decent pillows. Well stocked mini-bar. Free wi-fi a BIG plus. Check-in and concierge staff were helpful and efficient. We didn't make use of the pool or fitness facilities but another guest mentioned they were up to scratch. Complimentary pralines were welcomed. Housekeeping quickly provided an iron upon request.

We did find it somewhat disconcerting that everytime we went to our room we had to pass two very imposing, surly bodyguards who were stationed outside one of the neighbouring rooms!

If you can get a good rate and don't object to proximity to dubious money from Africa/the Middle East, go for it!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting The Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. I am delighted to learn that you generally enjoyed your visit and that we met most of your expectations. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your invaluable comments help us to reach our goals and serve as an encouragement for our staff.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to The Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Kind regards,
Guest Relation Management

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I found this hotel to be so overpriced and a number of things annoyed me as follows- 5 star hotel with no tea and coffee making facility in the room. When i asked the reception why i was told i needed to go and order a coffee in the restaurant which cost me 11 usd.No free wifi in the rooms- you have to go downstairs and use the Internet in the lobby which is an inconvenience. Hidden taxes, which I was only told about after check out.
I would not recommend this hotel not worth the money!

• Stayed: March 2011