Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$81
Booking.comUS$355
eDreamsUS$355
HurbUS$363
All reviews great location spent nights walking distance room was spacious mont blanc lake manor train
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2019

My family have used this hotel more than twice a year for over 30 years. It used to be wonderful, with wonderful staff who had worked there for decades. Staff changes in recent years have affected the service. We have always , in the past, made reservations direct with the hotel, not through agents or websites. In August 2019, I tried to make a reservation for a single room on the hotel's own website. I entered the dates and it gave a quote of CHF290 per night. However, the reservation would not go through, so I telephoned. An extremely rude and arrogant young man replied and quoted CHF470. I said that the hotel's own website quoted CHF290. His rude response was "We are in the middle of the conference season. If you want an internet price go to Expedia." He had an attitude problem and clearly believed that he ranked above hotel clients. he also seemed unaware that as Geneva is a United Nations centre, it is always conference season.I did manage to book through an agent for CHF302 - substantially less than Monsieur Rude quoted. Booking a room is a lottery. Price fluctuations from one day to the next are incredible - more than 100% sometimes. Of course, this is OK if your employer is paying. Frankly, they only want corporate clients and attach no value to customer loyalty.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not near the lift (elevator, if you are N. American) as people stand and chat there.
Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

Best possible location, right on the lake, in the centre of Geneva. Quick and efficient reception. Particularly polite and friendly staff. The rooms and bathrooms are fully renovated and have everything that a business traveler needs. I lacked s plug adaptor, but they gave me one immediately. Only the breakfast variety might need to be improved somewhat.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

My second time here and love his hotel. Great location and amazing view.

Fully recommend, there is also a small gym you can use in sister hotel directly across the road.

Breakfast is good but a bit expensive

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PapaDonDon
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

Flight from Geneva was cancelled and we were put up here for the night at the last minute. Staff were very helpful and patient and were very keen to make our stay as pleasant as possible....despite the circumstances. Excellent room overlooking Lake Geneva.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2019

Lovely hotel in general, have provided excellent service as my flights had been cancelled. However, Corinne at the reception seemed to have something against my mother and I, I hardly report staff at hotels as i know they work hard, but it is essential that this comes to the hotels attention that they need to re-evaluate the quality of staff such as Corinne, so that all staff have polite kind manners and practice equality and diversity, this means including guests of colour or different backgrounds and not leaving them out. Corinne from the moment we checked in spoke to us very harshly everything she says is negative towards us. We are aware that everyone from the same flight as us was informed by telephone call to room about lunch, except us, when we spoke to Corinne about this she told is to “go out and get our own food” and that “it must be with cash as visa will not be reimbursed” and that “ as we missed today’s lunch it cannot be reimbursed at all” WE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH CASH only cards WE DID NOT CHOSE TO HAVE FLIGHTS CANCELLED and our airline is providing everything for us so I don’t understand why she would treat us differently to other guests in the same position as us. Right now i have just got back to the hotel and asked the receptionist again whether we can be reimbursed and this gentleman had no problem he also explained that we shouldn’t worry and that cash or visa , eat in or out, does not make a difference. This made us feel much better and made me realise that the hotel in general is a good hotel with kind staff apart from Corinne. I feel discriminated by this treatment and feel left out, after missing my flight last night and having no choice but to stay in Geneva i feel Corinne could have handled the situation much better and treated us equally to other guests, I am very upset, as a sufferer of anxiety i had experienced a panic attack, obviously Corinne does not know my health issues but she could have just been helpful caring and understanding and i would not have had a bad experience and for this reason i would not recommend this hotel if you are muslim or ethnic minority as long as they employ staff like Corinne. Treat everyone the same and do not discriminate, it is against the law.

Date of stay: July 2019