All reviews river view concierge team great hotel luxury hotel room service four seasons shopping area rooms are spacious i highly recommend this hotel nespresso machine deluxe room breakfast buffet location is excellent old town fondue business trip business hotel
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

The location of the Mandarin Oriental is excellent. Centrally located to walk to stores, sites and restaurants. Also very close to local buses and boats. The rooms are spacious and have modern amenities. A very comfortable place to settle in while traveling. Housekeeping kept the room very clean and added all kinds of wonderful touches including rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bed for our anniversary and Swiss chocolates every night. The concierge was incredible. She made exceptional recommendations for dinners, day trips and really seeing the city. And she saved us from a disappointing moment by reminding us to bring our passports to our visit to the United Nations as well as suggesting boats (and giving us free passes) to take at the end of the day to make our way back to the hotel. She was so excited about her job and ensuring our trip was wonderful that I wrote a letter to the manager highlighting her service. The service in the restaurant was also friendly and great. The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent. It had many traditional local items to Switzerland and France. Such a great way to start the day. Highly recommend this hotel for vacation or business. (Please note they charge for Wi-Fi which I think is ridiculous).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
MOGVA, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear Stacy M,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback shared on this page and for your hand written letter which I have shared with the entire team. We are pleased that you loved our central location close to the main attractions, our generous breakfast buffet, spacious rooms and dedicated staff. We strive to offer you memorable moments at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva. Knowing you appreciated our passionate Concierge Raphaëlle’s involvement for you to have the best possible experience of Geneva is truly rewarding, as it shows “service from the heart” is ours.

We have taken good note of your comments regarding the internet charges. It is unfortunately beyond the hotel’s control as it is a decision taken by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group to charge for the internet access. Please be informed that our small business center across the lobby offers complimentary access 24 hours a day and the group has also put in place free Wi-Fi access in all Mandarin Oriental hotels for all bookings made directly on our website with creation of a guest profile (https://www.mandarinoriental.com/my-profile/). We would like to let you know that we have passed on your concerns about the internet charges to the group.

We already look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I stayed 4 nights at the Madarin Oriental Geneva. A fantastic hotel in a great location. It is walking distance for the shops, old city and the lake. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful..as expected. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Lighting was superb! The staff were helpful and friendly. I would always recommend the Mardarin Oriental!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Monasheg,
Thanks for your lovely comment. We are delighted to have you as a fan and thank you for your recommendation. It’s a pleasure to read you enjoyed our ideal location as well as the comfort of our spacious rooms and professional and friendly staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to charming Geneva.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I have been staying regularly but not frequently (4-6 times a year) at the Mandarin in Geneva for the last three years. It remains a beautiful hotel, with nice rooms ( see my previous reviews). What is irritating is to what extent they do not listen to your feed-back and requests. One example is the way they keep requesting my passeport everytime I show up! I know it is a legal equest to identify your client but once you have a copy you should not keep asking for it everytime. This is the best way to make feel the client NOT special!

I also have a request at the hotel to have a room on the patio as I can not sleep if I have a room on the street. Last time I showed up the person at the reception gave me the "good news" of an upgrade. As I discovered the room, it was an absolutely normal room except it ws facing the river...and the street. As I went down to the reception to inquire what was the upgrade about, the person said it had a river view. But I asked if he was aware that my main request was to have a calm room he said yes, but we can not give it to you this time....So basically he was aware that he could not give me a room according to me recorded request, namely where I could sleep, but did not mention it and tried to hide it by giving me a so called "upgrade" with a room with a river-view. I found this quite unprofessional and had never happened to me in a Mandarin.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank zelal25

Dear zelal25,
After investigation it seems our team wanted to please you with an upgrade to a River view room and I am sorry you did not like this room. You may rest assured that we have updated your profile accordingly to make sure you always get a quiet room on the backyard.
With reference to my email dated 17 October, I apologize for the inconvenience caused and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Very much friendly staff, good location, comfortable rooms, delicious food in two restaurants, excellent breakfast and a comfortable bar. It's a pity we couldn't visit a spa, but heard that it's a height quality facility. We enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOGVA, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear eddiea941,
Thank you so much for your great feedback. It is a pleasure to know that you appreciated our dedicated people, our central location near the main attractions in Geneva, the comfort of our rooms, the traditional French and innovative Indian cuisine served at our restaurants, as well as the cosy atmosphere at the Mo Bar.

I hope on the occasion of your next stay with us you will enjoy our Beauty Studio located on the first floor. It’s the ideal place to get away from it all with the expertise of L. Raphael, or the Fitness centre with its Technogym equipment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Perfect spot to visit the city and also the lake. The old town is just across the river, and the hotel is situated just where the River Rhone leaves the lake and begins its journey to the Mediterranean. Walk to the jetty for cruises on the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms in front offer great views of the lake and river.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear 513cameron,
Thanks a lot for sharing your impressions with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our ideal location by the River Rhône in the city center of Geneva, as well as the magic atmosphere of this beautiful city.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon.