“Lunch ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We actually wanted to eat a cheese fondu but the restaurant was closed, we ended up her and got positively surprised.

We got a table where we had a view at the water, very cozy. We where a party of 8 including a toddler, but it was really child friendly and we also had our two chihuahuas with us. I really like restaurants where dogs are allowed.

We started of with antipasti and bruschetta, it tasted really nice.

We all enjoyed our dishes, non of us had a complain. I tried the mushroom risotto and it was very tasty. I always think it’s tricky to take risotto since it’s easy that it’s not well done, but this one was perfect.
I tried the veal and that was very good as well, so was the shrimps.
We all had different desserts as well.
I tried the tiramisu, classic and with orange, it was thumbs up for both of them.

We had a rose wine to our starter but that wine was so-so.
We loved the red one to the main dish.
It was pretty pricy but hey! We are in Switzerland, here everything is pricy.
The service was good as well and friendly.

Maybe it doesn’t look like a tubing special from the outside but it’s very good food and we for sure will come back if we visit Thun again...

Michele_Tisch, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Waisenhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear karin b,

Thank you very much for such a positive review.

We are delighted to read that you had such a good lunch at Ristorante Waisenhaus. Our team tries hard to exceed our customers' expectations, it's good to know that we succeeded when you visited us. We maintain a very high standard of food and service making sure that you have an excellent culinary experience and a relaxing time.

We are a child-friendly restaurant and like to welcome families with kids. At Ristorante Waisenhaus, children up to 12 years old can eat à la carte at a flat rate of 15 CHF. Also, four-legged guests are welcome and get a special attention.

We are already looking forward to seeing you next time when you are in Thun.

la vita è bella - Michèle & Waisenhaus-Team

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We enjoyed a lovely dinner sitting outside facing the river and the charming wooden bridge/dam. We ate early so we had the back pretty much all to ourselves. Our waiter was courteous and friendly and we enjoyed some wine and cheese. There were five different entrees that I wanted to try so the waiter had to help me pick what to order. I had the mushroom risotto with squash which was delicious. I don't like eating mushrooms but I love the intense flavor they give to sauces and risotto in particular and I usually pick them out. This risotto was so well done that I didn't even mind eating the mushrooms because they were soft and not chewy. My husband had the spaghetti Bolognese which he really enjoyed. I really wanted dessert but sadly I had no room left in my stomach! The food was a little pricey but everything in Switzerland is expensive.

Lorenzini_Bern, Sales Ristoranti Bindella Bern at Waisenhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear SueMPA

Thank you very much for your visit at Waisenhaus Thun.

We were really glad to welcomes you and we are thrilled that you were satisfied regarding the mushroom risotto and the spaghetti Bolognese which your husband had-thank you for your review. With pleasure we will forwarded your feedback internally. Guest satisfaction is our high priority and we are happy to hear about the good experience you collected at Waisenhaus Thun.

We look forward to welcoming you next time.

Your Waisenhaus-Team

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We had dinner at Waisenhaus during early August (5 people: 3 adults, 2 children) and the food was excellent (best Italian food I have tried for a long time) as well as the experience (we were sitting outside and the view of the Thun town and the river were awesome). Staff restaurant was very nice as well. The inside of the restaurant is very elegant and beautiful as well. We will definitively go back if we visit the Thun area again.

Lorenzini_Bern, Sales Ristoranti Bindella Bern at Waisenhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Marvancouver2017

Thank you very much for your time to rate us.

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and your family at Waisenhaus Thun.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we fulfilled your experiences.

We look forward to welcome you and your family next time.

Your Waisenhaus Thun-Team

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic meal! I say this with confidence because we ate there for lunch and 2 dinners! Branzino, veal limone, insalata mista, vegetables were the best I ever had! What puts this restaurant out of the stratasphere is the talented and gifted young chef! I travel a great deal and I unexpectedly had one of the best meals I ever had. Wait staff were all terrific as well. Prices reasonable and great location next to river.

Dear Jeanne M.

Thank you very much for your review.

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at Waisenhaus Thun. We are glad to read your rating. Thank you for your time to rate us.

We hope to welcome you back next time.

Your Waisenhaus Thun Team

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We returned a second evening for dinner and even had a lunch there ... the best Italian food we EVER had ... AND we spend many holidays in Italy . Menu has it all ... I had delicious Branzino with capers and lemons , my husband enjoyed the burrata , the pasta with eggplant out of this world , the fresh veggies wonderful ,the tiramisu crazy good etc ......... etc ........ service lovely and the young chef who we met is so talented .
BRAVO !!!! Great location near the river too .......wish we lived in Thun ...

Dear NewYorkRuta

Thank you very much for your time to rate us and your visit at Waisenhaus Thun.

We are happy that we fulfilled your expectations and your were satisfied with your choice of food. Your comment "that was the best italian food you ever had"honors us very much. Thank you.

We look forward to welcome you next time at Waisenhaus Thun.

Your Waisenhaus Thun-Team