“Delicious food, substantial portions, fine service”
Review of Buner

Buner
Ranked #63 of 545 Restaurants in Bern
Price range: US$34 - US$147
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I'm American, and was taken there by a Swiss friend who has good taste. The dinner was served graciously by the staff, and it was both attractive and delicious. My host told me that it is a fairly recently-opened restaurant, so it's not yet on all the lists of great places to dine in Bern; I don't know what "fairly recently-opened" means but the owner and his staff have had time to achieve excellence. I do not recall the prices, but no prices are low in Bern so be prepared. I do not recall prices being astronomical, but count on 40 or 5o francs for a main course and then add lots of trimmings on top of that.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Bünner was on my bucket list for restaurants in Switzerland and it exceeded my expectations. Julio welcomes all the guests warmly and takes excellent care of them despite the fact that the house was complete. The starters and main courses were classics very well done, with a personal twist. The restaurant is cozy but not plushy. A harmonious combination between fine food, excellent wines and impeccable service.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

The service was very friendly and helpful. They have a good and saisonal selection. The drinks and meals were quickly served and everyone was happy with the food. The only thing I can complain about is the way they flavour the meals (very sparingely). Altogether: good but not exciting.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

The building and dining area are nice. Outdoors would be great -not occupied due to rain today. We sought out a restaurant with good food but off the tourist map. This was it for sure. Love being in a restaurant with only local people. But the food was very basic - we've had the same in a cheap German restaurant at home. The wait staff was too busy to help with the German-only menu so we used the iPhone translator menu app - a godsend. The pumpkin-butternut soup was great but small portioned. The wiener schnitzel was three person huge but boring. The risotto was okay but served with no flair - just a glop in a bowl. The bottle of wine was good but not the Swiss chardonnay we thought we were ordering. The waitress was too busy to question about the wine - and half the fun of travel is the unexpected anyway. A huge group of loud guys came in and dominated the room… so we cut the dinner short and went for a walk.
Keep your expectations moderate and you will be pleased. Probably just an off night.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I was happily surprised.
The service is extremely polite and efficient. We felt really comfortable. We orders 4 dishes and all of them were excellent.
The gazpacho, a simple soup some might say, was the best I ever had. The salmon ceviche was not traditional peruvian (It was more like a tirado) but refreshing and really well presented.
The mains were just awesome. We ordered lamb (Lammnierstück) extremely well cooked and the portion size was easily 400g. The Vitello Tonnato was the best I ever had, I would just go back to have this dish.
The wine list is well balanced, we orders a Matias Riccitelli Malbec (Argentina), which is difficult to find in many restaurants even in argentina. There was a big variety of Italian, French and Swiss wines.
It is not a cheap place but the quality justify the prices.

1  Thank JorgeRessia