“S'wonderful!”

Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2015

My husband had been here before with his colleagues for lunch but it was my first time. I was pleasantly surprised! I loved the bistro atmosphere and we were seated at the back room with the jade green wall with the black and white picture frames and the throwpillows on the seats. The opaque windows had wine bottles for decor and the white orchids and old chandelier which hung above a bare old table added a cozy flair.
My food was excellent! They gave us a tasty amuse bouche and we shared the fine lobster tail and shrimps with lemon grass and coconut milk for starters. Yum! Glad we did because my main dish of fish with scallops was really filling, but the plate was well presented, and the fish was so fresh i could literally taste the ocean. My husband had a fine looking Wienerschnitzel. I ordered the surprise dessert which comprised of a plate of raspberry mousse, some fresh and dried fruits, crushed pistachios and pomegranate seeds, small slices of cakes and a small glass of orange flavoured ricotta topped with a piece of thin white chocolate with nuts (very filling!). My husband had the cheese plate. The lady who served us was discreet but she was nice and helpful. The young waitresses who took over were friendly and did their job well. It was pricey but worth it, talk about a well spent evening. Will definitely come back...

bsterchi, Geschäftsführer at Buner, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2015

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your much appreciated feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us and hope we'll be able to be your host again soon. Wishing you a great weekend! B. Sterchi, Manager

Reviewed 24 November 2014 via mobile

I have been at the Buener two times and the food is superb. They have a good selection and saisonal specials. It is quite pricey though and the service doesn't pay the needed attention. For every dish something was forgotten. The drinks didn't come and water wasn't filled up. The nice room, food and time made up for it.

bsterchi, Geschäftsführer at Buner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear Katherine
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback! I'm glad you shared your experience with us, this will allow us to improve our service in the future. I hope we will be able to welcome you as a guest at least a third time and wish you a joyfull holiday season. With my best regards, Benjamin Stechi, Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I think this place is actually called Buner. It was good but not as good as I was expecting. We stayed next door at the Alpenblick and were intrigued by this restaurant. It has a very nice outside patio area and a smooth and cool interior. The staff were very friendly and we got a late table on a Friday night. We ordered the chef's menu of 4 courses. For the price I would have wanted everything to be top notch - some of the sides and accompaniments were very basic. The desert was average and there was an excessively long wait between the main course and desert.

2  Thank jenglar
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had not eaten there In a while, and my wife never had, so we were not sure exactly what to expect. What we found was a warm welcome, genuinely friendly, attentive service, a nice if not extensive menu, good wine choices (even by the glass), imaginative pairings of ingredients and presentation, and very well prepared food. My wife's lobster tail (not always a safe choice in this landlocked country,) was one of the best she has ever had,and my John Dory was perfectly seasoned, perfectly done, cleverly presented and unquestionably fresh. Both main dishes were accompanied by fresh, well-cooked and -presented seasonable vegetables. The same for our appetizers (asparagus salad with Serrano ham) and desserts (vanilla ice cream, mint sorbet --- freshly homemade-- and lemon sorbet, accompanied by fresh fruits. We both found the decor and ambience soothing and agreeable. I think it's a treasure in this sometimes discouraging town, and well worth looking for (-a bit away from the tourists, but next door to Bern's highest rated hotel, the Alpenblick).

1  Thank shutterlab
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Since it's rather close to my office I go there with business associates at lunch time or with dear friends for dinner. The food is always good, freshly prepared and wonderfully served. It's a bit bistro style with elegance. The service is very friendly and down to earth, just the way I like it. It's a great place for any kind of occasion.