“AMAZING experience”

Hammam & SPA Oktogon Bern
Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Bern
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This oasis of clamness in the middle of the city is where you need to go if you need to relax ! Be warned, germanic culture is much less bodyshy than latin culture and you might witness nudity in there

1  Thank alistaird8992

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I would like to share my experience of what happened on Friday May 18, 2018.
I was having fun. It was my first time traveling to Swizeland and I was excited to try a spa and relax at this place.
I put all of my stuff in my locker in their locker room and locked it with their lock. After soaking in a pool before my massage, I came back to the locker room. My locker was open and my shoulder bag which included my iPhone, my wallet, my passport and my money, was gone.
My trip turned out to be a nightmare. The police caught a woman trying to use one of my credit cards. She also had my ID. However, I was not able to find any of my other things. I had to change my flight because I didn’t have a passport, get a new iPhone, and get a new passport. I was devastated emotionally. I felt someone had invaded my privacy. And of course, i didn’t have any travel insurance.

Obviously, the lockers were not secure even though they had locks. They were easy to open somehow because this person opened my locker in a very short time.
They said they are not taking any responsibility and said that I have to talk my insurance. However, no one will have insurance when they travel. I am still very upset about how their locker was so easy to open and my things were stolen. It’s emotionally and physical very damaging now and in the future.

6  Thank mamisanfrancisco
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The building and location are interesting for visitors to the city. The atmosphere and treatments were carried out by a great team of people that ensure you have a superb time.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic afternoon visit to the Hammam. Saunas, scrubs, relax and detoxing. You need to book ahead to enjoy a massage. Only negative was the signage & information is not in English but the staff were very helpful. Great on a cold rainy day

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

If you get the chance to visit this spa place, go for it! It will take you about two hours, you don't need any towels or other materials 'cause everything is included in the entrance price. We experiences a very relaxing round of baths, hot stone rooms and saunalike rooms which didn't get hotter than 45 degrees celsius. The atmosphere was peaceful and all the people tried to avoid loud noices. On the ground floor you find all the baths and hot places, on the second floor you get massages and the chance to consume food and drinks, the third floor is for relaxation purposes only (you work your way up from top to bottom)! What's important: It's not a nude place. You are in a towel and only have to take it off if you feel like doing the glove scrub in two separate rooms. Beside that you are always in your towel. Kids are allowed at the age of 16! You have to see this if you get the chance!